Carver Audio AV-505 Amplifiers

4.89/5 (9 Reviews) MSRP : $1000.00

400 watts - 5 Channels

Submitted by bash a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 1, 2007

Bottom Line:
WOW what a tank built heavy and solid. Yhis is a very very good piece of equiptment. High end sound at a BARGAIN price. 5 seperate amplifier in one chassis. I am currently using the Marantz SR7000 soon to be sold on ebay. I am waiting on delivery of a parsound avc-2500. Klipsch really like power if you got it makes the Forte II sound large and deep.This amp really has musical detail forward presentation for music and movies. A little word of advice buy on before they are all gone this is a great starter amp for seperates.

Purchased At:   Audiogon

Submitted by javier robinson bours a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: March 21, 2002

Bottom Line:
av-505 carver amp 13amp

Submitted by Ron a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: October 3, 2000

Bottom Line:
Matched to a Marantz 9000 A/V PreAmp it does a wonderful job on timbre as well as reserve HP. When I kick up a DVD of Fleetwood Mac's Dance, I tax this amp. to extreme, no harsh sound at all and it feels very musical. As a HT amp I would prefer others for cosmetics and such, but bottom line is bang for the buck.

Purchased At:   Ubid

Submitted by Cody B a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 22, 2000

Bottom Line:
This is a good amp I paid just under $300 on ebay for it and after shipping on this monster I get if for $325 I am not kidding about the weight of this thing it is hard to pickup and I am a big man… The AV-505 uses large heat sinks in place of a fan, which might make noise or go bad. I currently am only using this amp in 2-channel mode but it really makes my little Bose 301 III speakers sound good even if they are crap speakers..

Purchased At:   Ebay

Submitted by Francesco Chu a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 25, 2000

Bottom Line:
First HT amp driving Def Tech BP2000TL, CLR2000 and BP10B
no problem at all, I can play louder than I can tolerate without clipping. Got this at 360, pretty good proce for what I am getting. Only downside to this is the lack of warranty but it is very unlikely for an amp to go bad. So I should be ok

Sennheiser: