Bryston 4B ST Amplifiers

4.62/5 (116 Reviews) MSRP : $2265.00

250w x 2 channels

Submitted by audio_chopshop a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: July 5, 2011

Bottom Line:
Got this at a decent price, very good condition but with a blown fuse. The other fuse was about to melt, black and scorched!!!. Someone had a lot of fun with this amp. I tested it with my 200w meter and I probably overloaded the input from my DAC, so it started clipping close to 200w. I haven't done another test yet but will certainly try it again (warranty expiring in 2018 really inspires me). This thing is built tough. Conservative looks, but very solid. It's not too big or very heavy, pretty compact actually, to my surprise. I suspect the insides are just as tough, since it survived a meltdown . I still like tube and VFET sound more, but I can drive this amp beyond normal listening levels with any load I have around and get a good dynamic, transparent and clean sound. I don't think I had any kind of spiritual experience or whatever audiophiles call it (I believe I did with tubes, though), but I wasn't actually disappointed with it neither.

Submitted by djphu a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 21, 2010

Bottom Line:
My first power amp. All i gotta say is WoW!!!!! worth every penny. This amp just opened up my speakers to its full potential.

Submitted by project1971 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 20, 2009

Bottom Line:
i bought it from germany used from a very nice person and is the pro version.i hear with b&w matrix 802 s3 and the combo is just fantastic.yhats why i decided to write down my expirience with this amp.if neutral is so musical then bryston is in the right path.incredible and well defined bass neutral and trasparent mids and sweet treble with lots of energy.multilayers of texture and organ placement and its real that it can drive almost any speaker of this world.one last thing i noticed is that ground lift makes a diference in sound , just find the right place for you because i think that except groun loops has to do something and with mains power phase.just great!!

Submitted by Bryan Hunt a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: February 4, 2009

Bottom Line:
Nice amp, but I didn't care for it. I found there was an emphasis in the upper midrange that got annoying over time. However, it does pump out a nice tight bass, and overall it was a good amp--just not great. I think there are better choices. I settled on a McCormack DNA1 Revision A as my keeper.

Submitted by bikemad a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 21, 2008

Bottom Line:
This is the best amp Iv owned mono blocks and some nice stereo intergrated and power amps,this is just superb.
The bass goes though the floor soundstage is big and transparent anyone who says these amps dont work hav'nt set their kit up right or use the wrong cables etc.
Im using target R1 stands with my Proacs some Feet of silence under my G98 which sit's upon my diy carbon legged acrylic hifi stand and lastly pure silver Missing link cryo ref mains wires and Coherent (alloy wire) speaker and ic's.

Anyone who spends £££s upon kit then uses a cheap crap setup wont get half of what their hifi can give,mine sounds musical warm detailed and just enough bite but not fatiguing in any way.

Purchased At:   Second hand

3B SST, 4B SST or 4B ST ???

Hi all, This is my first post, so here we go! I have a chance to get a Bryston 4B ST cheaper than a 3B SST. The 4B ST is a demo with about 10 hours on it and I can get it for about $2900 (Canadian) and I can get the 3B SST for about $3400 (Canadian). I can get the 4B SST for about $4000 (Canadia ... Read More »