Bryston 3B SST Amplifiers

• Membrane Power Switch
  • Soft start circuit on power up
  • Multiple filter capacitance per channel
  • Selectable inputs for balanced
  • Remote 12 Volt power trigger input
  • Selectable gain settings

Submitted by electronicsprof2 a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: February 18, 2009

Bottom Line:
THIS AMPLIFIER IS ABSOLUTELY UNBELIEVABLE!!

IT HAS THE CRYSTAL CLEAR SOUND OF AN AUDIO RESEARCH TUBE AMPLIFIER COMBINED WITH THE DYNAMICS AND BASS DEFINITION OF THE LAST KRELL MONOBLOCKS I LISTENED TO!

AT $3500, THIS AMPLIFIER IS CAPABLE OF EMBARRASSING MOST $10,000 AMPS ON THE MARKET (AT LEAST WITH MY VANDERSTEEN 3A'S (WITH SOME SPEAKERS, MAYBE YOU WOULD WANT THE 4B...).

THIS IS THE LATEST ITERATION OF THE 3B; THERE WAS THE 3B, THEN THE MORE REFINED ST, THEN THE MORE REFINED SST, AND NOW THE SST-2, WHICH HAS BEEN IN PRODUCTION ABOUT 6 MONTHS.

I HAVE HEARD A LOT OF AMPLIFIERS, AND HAVE NEVER HEARD A BETTER ONE AT ANY PRICE.

I AM USING IT WITH AN AYRE C5-XE SACD PLAYER ($6000), AN AUDIO RESEARCH LS-26 PREAMP ($6000),
AND THE VANDERSTEEN 3A SPEAKERS, AND THE SYSTEM'S SOUND IS TO DIE FOR NOW; THIS AMP WAS THE MISSING LINK NEEDED TO BRING THE REST OF THE EQUIPMENT TO ITS FULL POTENTIAL.

I THNK ONE WOULD HAVE TO SPEND A MINIMUM OF $250,000 TO IMPROVE WHAT I AM HEARING IN MY SOUND ROOM NOW.

BEG, BORROW, OR STEAL ONE OF THESE AMPLIFIERS BEFORE THE REVIEWS COME OUT AND THEY DOUBLE THE PRICE!

Product model year:   2009

3B SST, 4B SST or 4B ST ???

Hi all, This is my first post, so here we go! I have a chance to get a Bryston 4B ST cheaper than a 3B SST. The 4B ST is a demo with about 10 hours on it and I can get it for about $2900 (Canadian) and I can get the 3B SST for about $3400 (Canadian). I can get the 4B SST for about $4000 (Canadia ... Read More »

Sennheiser: