Bryston 2B-SST Amplifiers

• Selectable Balanced
  • Lower noise and distortion

Submitted by SteveMac a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: March 19, 2010

Bottom Line:
I am a tube fan but sometimes I would like to listen to some dance and rock music.
Got a good deal on 2B Sst and BP 25. To my suprise they match up very well.
I can say that there is nothing boring about the sound. It deliver clear, dynamic, punchy bass and good control. However like I said before I am a tube fan so at first I find the sound is a bit forward and coldish. After shopping around I finally found transparent balance cable to match up from BP 25 to 2B Sst. It really change the previous feel and character of this setup. Suddenly it becomes more involving with better detail and warmer sound. After few months break in the soundstage becomes better and three dimensional like.
All I can say is dont pass up a good bargains on these babies :)

Product model year:   2008

Submitted by Steve a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: March 19, 2010

Bottom Line:
Bryston 2B Sst is far from boring, would you say if Oprah is Boring?
I hooked up my 2B Sst to a Harbeth compact 7, a well known natural speaker.
The result is very satisfying, I can hear a clean sound (even without power conditioner), strong bass and good dynamic and control, all you expect from a solid state power. Pair this baby up with a balance transparent and you can even hear a warm tube-like sound. With the 20 years guarantee and the market price below $1500 what are you waiting for?

Product model year:   2008

Submitted by Belgarchi a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: May 13, 2007

Bottom Line:
This amplifier has exactly the features I wish for: RCA and XLR input, selectable sensitivity, superb speakers output terminals, and it is not too bulky.
The built quality is great, as usual with Bryston, and their service and warranty (20 years !) are second to none.
But I was slightly disappointed by the sound. It was a little bit boring, the soundstage not very well defined. It sounds like a slightly improved Parasound HCA-1000A, but is inferior to a Conrad-Johnson MF2250A (medium) or a Musical Fidelity A3.2.

Purchased At:   Audiogon