Boston Acoustics A7200 Amplifiers

• Power output rated at 8U /.02% THD - 120 watts per channel
  • High Current design

Submitted by kennydg111 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 5, 2006

Bottom Line:
This is my first venture into a seperate power amp. I had been using a yamaha htr5860 to power my surround system with adequate results. I always felt that the yamaha was a bit on the bright side but that was also my opinion with other brand recievers I previously used. So when this amp became available at $750, I figured it was time to see if a seperate power amp would make a difference. I must admit I had my doubts. I figured the money I spent on the amp would actually save me money down the road because I would have convinced myself that all this talk about "hearing things I hadn't heard before", "richer", "fuller" and the like was nothing more than a bunch of hooey and therefore I wouldn't have to spend any more money on improving my home theater sound system. Well I hooked it up using the 5860 as the preamp pulled out a couple cd's and a couple movies and fired it up. As the first cd started to play I noticed a big smile come onto my face. This receiver is truly a steal at the current price. The only downside I see is that I'll probably end up spending some more money on a dedicated preamp.

Purchased At:   OneCall