Bel Canto Design NPS400 Amplifiers

Submitted by Dean Yamasaki a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 12, 2001

Bottom Line:
I am the happy owner of a Bel Canto DAC 1.1, so I am quite aware of their fine products. But after reading the previous enlightened reviews, I made it my mission in life to unravel the mystery surrounding the Bel Canto NPS400.

After much searching I stumbled upon the quantum Rosetta Stone quite accidentally. One day I pushed in the phase inversion switch on the DAC 1.1 three times at one second intervals. Much to my surprise a bright glow began emanating from the core of the DAC 1.1 casing, when suddenly a large, stable wormhole formed in my listening room.

Well since that day, I've traveled the to furthest reaches of this universe. Ridden the cosmic waves aloft my silver surfboard. And ran pace with light rays and actually seen what light waves look like. Einstein and Special Relativity were wrong!

The NPS400 is not an amp or a super conducting cable. It is a technology hidden within the Hygytian chassis of Bel Canto products.

Look for it and don't be afraid. If you find it, you'll understand what Eleanor Arroway experienced.

Life is beautiful.

Purchased At:   A flea market in Qandahar

Submitted by David a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: September 28, 2000

Bottom Line:
Yes, Chad is correct these are super conductor speaker cables and should be moved to the correct category. I have tried them in my system and unfortunately they were far too efficient for my 2.5 watt SET amplifier. The gain on my preamp had to be adjusted with the slightest touch of a Tibetan goose tail feather. One false move and the tweeters became toast. I do not know where the Bel Canto association came from, though I do sometimes wonder where they came up with the technology to constuct their superb DAC's. The pair that I was using were marked on the side with some kind of strange writing that looked like hieroglyphics. It's a nice concept, but I think that for now it is just slightly too much ahead of it's time. I may try them again some day. Does anyone know of a good .001 watt SET?

Purchased At:   Area 51-Groom Lake Hi-Fi PX

Submitted by Chad Baures a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: September 28, 2000

Bottom Line:
I've now heard that an NPS-400 is really a superconducting cable that makes a 10 watt amp sound like a 1000 watt amp. If anyone has one I'd love to listen to it, send it my way.

Thanks in advance,

Chad
Bel Canto Design

Submitted by Greg a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: September 28, 2000

Bottom Line:
Bell Canto is a nice brand.
I want to get this item too.
Why they don't manufacture it, eh?

I'm ready to pay $3000 for a special order!

Listen Bell Canto and you'll be happy!!!!!

Submitted by Chad Baures a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: September 28, 2000

Bottom Line:
This consumer has gotten something wrong. Bel Canto has never manufactured anything with the designation of 400. But I'm happy to hear he likes it.

Chad Baures