Audio Note Conquest Amplifiers

Class A Tube Amp - 18 watts

Submitted by djluke a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 12, 2006

Bottom Line:
This is rather a less technical review, more of an emotional one... it is how it makes me feel.
I have had the AN M3 pre for 4 years connected to a big MF A/370 power amp. I have now managed to replace the power amp with a pair of AN Conquests mono blocks. This is what happend -
I now have real music, real vocal, real flutes and violins, real guitars. I am listening to just that, the music, not a pile of electronic black boxes.
The synergy with the pre-power combo is superb. I replaced the M3 valves, hooked up the system, and from the first note just sat down in disbelief!

Plus 4 days in it is still improving, even smoother, even more realistic. I find I am playing it louder than with the old MF A370 and the big kef 107/2s. And the bass is
very close extension wise, but much better in speed and slap and realism. The mids and highs are in another league, Scarborough FC and Chesea FC.

The projection of the sound stage is remarkable. I left it on the other day, and before I unlocked the front door I thought I heard someone singing in
the kitchen, seriously!

Biggest change/upgrade is to orchestral, voice, wind instruments and organ music. But everything else is hugely smoother, with no fatigue at all.

The other weird thing, the difference between recordings (all music types) is greater than before. Good recording are very good, great recordings are
really fantastic. And I can here traffic rumble on orchestral passages which contain solo instrument or voice passages. Something I never heard before
except through the Stax headphones. Plus the decay on cymbals...superb.

I realise now I was not playing a lot of my CDs. Not because I had got bored of the music, but because the sound on this one or that one was steely, too bright,
to false. Now I can listen to any, and hear them for what they are, but with no fatigue or dashing for the volume control.

Sum up - 18 watts of pure heaven. Fantastically recommended!

Purchased At:   London

Submitted by carl cobb a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: July 8, 2003

Bottom Line:
This review is for the Conqueror which is the stereo version of the Conquest and rated at 8 watts per channel. It has been upgraded with Sylvania NOS driver tubes and mesh 300b tubes and this is an audible improvement over the stock tubes. Higher grade Audio Note oil film coupling capacitors have also been installed. This amplifier is very well built and has plenty of power for my application which is a 10x12 room and Audio Note ANK/L speakers with a REL Strata II subwoofer (speaker level).

Purchased At:   used

Submitted by aelord a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: January 23, 2003

Bottom Line:
Once run-in, and when warmed up, these monoblocs are simply wonderful, the fulness and detail and musicality of the sound is incredible. Effortless listenng for hours on end with no hint of fatigue summarises the experience.

Purchased At:   london

Submitted by Adam Mickiewicz Mickiewicz a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: October 8, 2002

Bottom Line:
Great, simply the best

Purchased At:   dealer