Atoll Electronique IN100 Amplifiers

• Input impedance (kO): 47
  • Sensibility (mV): 100

Submitted by Duane Vultaggio a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: October 25, 2014

Bottom Line:
The in 100 and cd100 combo that I bought around 2008 has an uplifting, flowing sound with a fortified mid-range that just keeps coming at ya. This was with my dcm-1000 speakers. I loved the sound so much (on almost all styles of music--save rap) that I decided to pair them with my newly built Quad esl-63's. Bad idea. The in100 couldn't handle the electrostatic "surge" of the quads and it fried the whole motherboard/heatsinks of my lovely atoll. I would love all suggestions relating to what speakers are best suited and sound best with this duo that I don't want to sell or gift away.

Product model year:   2008

Submitted by Hansen a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 16, 2013

Bottom Line:
This Atoll amplifier has now made me happy for a cople of years.
What you first have to realise about this amp. is that it has a warming up period for about 15-30 minutes. You can not differ from this. It uses about 30 Watt by normal use and 15 Watt in stand bye, so don't be afraid of your bill for electricity.
First of all, the amplifier has rhytm, meaning it is very fast of producing music out of the speaker, or dynamic you might say. It is doing this without being hard to listen at.
When you play acoustic music on it, the highats sounds big and natural, the bass is tight and goes very very deep.
It is also playing rock and pop fine, with rhytm, but maybe not the biggest party maker.
This is not a cheap amp. but you get value for money, as it is much much better then normal average amps.

PRO : timing, goes with all kind of music
CONS : warming up time needed

System used : Snell E3 / Cambridge cd 500

Product model year:   2009

Submitted by Molle a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 30, 2013

Bottom Line:
I bought this amp, because of all this fine reviews it has. I paid 300 Euro.
My first impression was, that this is really a high-end amplifier.
Detailed sound, deep non fluppy bass, nice voices.
The Atoll IN100 is just magical, it takes away all the bad sounds from the recordings.
Fantastic !
After listening for more then one week, I am extremely disapponted.
The problem with this amp. is, that it makes every recoding sound, as it is produced by the same producer.
You maybe know, that when you have some new hi-fi product, you want to test all your recordings, and this amp simply failed.
Try e.g to listen to hi-hats from jazz recordings, they all sounds the same, no matter what recording you try.
Listen to some recordings where you know, the voices are not ovreproduced, e.g.J.J. Cale.
Yes, the voices sounds "big" and "smoothy".
But all painted with a caracteristic brush. The choir in the behind is very disappointing, absolut no perspective.
Do not be treated by someone who tells, this amp. has a great perspective. The true is , that the amp, is blowing every thing up, trying to be a tube amp.
The perspective / ambience is artifical made, and you can not place the instruments distinctive.
The old record "T.B. sheets" with van Morrison has a very heavy and powerfull bass. But what happens, when you play this record on the Atoll In100 amp ?
The bass sounds nearly total equal to all other rock records you have.Distinct with no personality, so to say.
Treble is detailed, but also here painted with the same brush.
Again, everything sounds the same way.
Why have this amp, which is not a cheap one, been produced at all ?
I think, only the french can make such "funny" products.
They have focused just on one property : easy listening.
Like with the old Citroen cars: You have to drive smooth and comfortable, only the french can produce so strange things.
I was so happy when I plugged on my arcam Alpha 6 again, what a superior sound quality compaired to ATOLL In 100.
A piano sounded again like a piano, and not like a tiny electric piano thing.
I could again distinguish an electric guitar from an acoustic guitar and so on.
My advice is :
I do not even want to tell you how the ampfier plays classical music, guess your self.

The amp. is transient but not dynamic, so to say

If you want a "non problem" amplfier, buy this one.
If you want a hi-fi device, stay away.

Summary..

PRO:
High degree of details.
Problem less sound.
Does not become warm

CONS:
Every thing sounds the same
Bad ambience/ Pespective
Much, much to high price

System used:
Loudspeakers : Heybrook Quartet
Music source : QNAP server, streamed by a logitech Squeezebox and converted to analog by Cambridge DAC 3.

Submitted by Floffe a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 24, 2013

Bottom Line:
Bottom Line.

After trying different amps and most latley Nad in different power, even the bigger ones i was never quite satisfied. I use B&W685 which never quite came alive.
Finally i found this wonderful amp. It was clear from the first test it have all the power,
detail and attack that i could ask from an amp.
I am even thinking about selling the sub a use, its not really needed anymore.

I love it and can strongly recommend it!!

Submitted by Dominique Sideleau a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: September 8, 2009

Bottom Line:
Atoll Electronique IN100.... what to say .....it reproduce the sound of the CD you are listening, or the EP you
put on the turntable, as it was recorded. No bass +/-, no treble +/-, no balance, no loudness, no treble expender, nothing exept the wolume and the nob for the unit you want to listen to. And I have those KEF 104aß Reference speakers, 1972. Well, the speakers never sounded that good. And I tried it with a lot of speakers.
So, I recommend this Amplifier to anyone who wants to listen to music, AS IT IS !
No Fla-Fla !
One thing: Only 1 output for speakers !

Product model year:   2008

Cambridge Azur 840A VS Atol IN100

Just recently bought a Cambridge Azur C CD Player........ I was totaly WOWED. So much so I decided I would upgrade my ATOL IN100 Integrated to the Cambride Azur 840A. Although I've read many reviews of the 840A I was wondering if anyone had comments/opinions comparing the Atol In100 to the 840A, ... Read More »

Premier Mounts: