ATI Audio AT1505 Amplifiers

4.83/5 (47 Reviews) MSRP : $1695.00

Five Channel Amplifier

Submitted by Teracus7 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 27, 2012

Bottom Line:
What can I say that has not been said already, this is a great amp, it has plenty of power and barely gets warm, sounds great and I got it for $400.00 shipped, can't beat it.

Submitted by Joe a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 3, 2011

Bottom Line:
Hands down, the best value in home theater. I owned this amp back in 1998 when it was first released, now here I am 12 years later after numerous HT setup changes I own it again. The amp is very hard to beat. I've owned the Lex LX series, Cary Cinema's, Parasound Halo's, Krell TAS, etc, and although it might not have the power rating as some, it is the most neutral amp I've owned and I couldn't be happier. Technology changes every other week, but a good amplifier will always be a good amplifier.......

Submitted by karyn a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 22, 2010

Bottom Line:
it is not happened to me that to say but that ..the curiosity I do not leave myself but that to open to this monster of Y amplifier….the cover and the grid covers that it is laminae of great weight and quality like no other....the screws and the spirals that hold the same are of the same quality...the heat dissipators are of great size the eposxico crystal cards are formidable in aim electronics is fabulous...a single toroidal transformer of diameter 52cm approximately by 9cm of thickness if they have one equal Asómbrese than they have....I use with this main amplifier, loudspeakers ONYX reference 3, back loudspeakers definitive technology BP 2000tl, loudspeakers central definitive technology CLR 3000, like preamplifier DENON avr 4806, DVD DENON 5900.... in summary, the low ones are strong, the means are clear and transparent and the acute ones very detailed fine nongaudy and exsasperantes, in conclusion range is complete, delicate and delicious.....this amplifier is much and but that sufficient for my needs of audio...I do not believe that it changes a this monster, of only thinking about the transport they are 73 net pounds and packaging 81 pounds...if some of you wishes to see the photos taken from this amplifier I have 50 photos very in detail on its construction ATI it is ATI ...

Submitted by samyr kaleb a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: December 21, 2009

Bottom Line:
señores. si alguno de ustedes me pude dar informacion mas detallada acerca del amplificador ATI1505
como cuantos trasformadores toroidales tiene, que procesasor seria el ideal , puedo ponerle un procesador de 7 canales , que sucede si conecto unos altavoces onix reference 3 de 4 ohmios y unos definitive technology bp2000tl de 8 ohmios , que tipo de circuito de proteccion tiene , gracias samyr.

Submitted by BrianB a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: August 14, 2002

Bottom Line:
This is my first experience with an outboard amplifier. I had been using a Sony STR-DA777ES receiver (their last push/pull receiver design, 120 watts per channel) to power my NHT 2.5i, Audiocenter 2, and 1.5 speakers. The NHTs are well known to be demanding on amplifiers, and to me, the Sony receiver sounded great. By contrast, my Outlaw 1050 receiver sounded thin and sizzlingly bright on these speakers (and still does on my NHT super zeros). The ATI has the sweet sound of the Sony, but with a noticeable improvement in overall clarity (transparency?), bass depth and control, and, of course, power and dynamics. Where my Sony receiver would begin to clip, the ATI shows no outward sign of distress – I have yet to light up the “peak” indicator LEDs on the front of the unit, despite having tried (I was limited by concern for my neighbors, though). The ATI hardly even heats up, in fact, and is doing just fine inside my equipment rack with about 4 inches air space above, compared to the Sony receiver which heats up like a toaster oven and requires exterior mounting.

My experience with hi-fi amplification (probably more mid-fi) has been limited to my NAD integrated and demonstrations in shops (the few times I get to go), and my headphone setup (Sennheiser HD 600s with Headroom Supreme amp). I therefore cannot offer comparisons with other brands of separate amplifiers. I can, however, say that I have heard bright and harsh amplification, especially with my NHT speakers, which are notoriously revealing, and the ATI is neither bright or harsh. I can also say that this amplifier sounds considerably better than the highly-rated NAD integrated, which I thought sounded rather thin and bland (even on easier speaker loads, like the 91 dB Acoustic Energy Aegis Ones). I can also say that my system now sounds closer to my reference headphone system than ever before, and definitely easier to listen to. I am very pleased with this amplifier’s sound. Add to that the weight (get help or you’ll seriously hurt your back), finish, and build, and this is one very fine amplifier for someone upgrading from a receiver, and a bargain at the reduced price.

Associated equipment:
Sony STR-DA777ES receiver (as preamp/surround processor)
NHT 2.5i main speakers