ATI Audio AT1502 Amplifiers

4.91/5 (22 Reviews)

2 x 150wpc@8ohms, 1x450wpc@8ohms, 225/800@4ohms 42 lbs.

Submitted by SKMP123 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 19, 2012

Bottom Line:
Please can you help me with the user manual ATI amplifier 1502.
my email gabrielamartinez2004@hotmail.com

por favor me pueden ayudar con el manual de usuario de ATI amplificador 1502
my email gabrielamartinez2004@hotmail.com
muchas gracias samyr kaleb

Submitted by samyr perez a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 30, 2010

Bottom Line:
Please if somebody can help me with the manual of user of ATI 1505 thank you very much samyr. my hotmail
gabrielamartinez2004@hotmail.com
por favor si alguien me puede ayudar con el manual de usuario ATI 1502 muchas gracias samyr. mi hotmail
gabrielamartinez2004@hotmail.com

Submitted by John a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 23, 2007

Bottom Line:
I bought this little beauty to replace a Parasound 100 WPC that simply did not have juice enough to run my EFE DIY speakers. I took the advice of Ed Frias who designed the speakers and is a big fan of ATI and bought myself a slightly used 1502. I have been around and into high end and studio audio all my life... I have never heard as much improvement from a sub 2000 component in my whole life. Wow! so much juice, way more like 200WPC... more detail than the parasound or pretty much anything in this price range, and although not "laid back" at all... its also a very non-fatigueing sound (somewhere between tube and ss). I am SO happy I got this cause it is discontinued and the other ATI's I have heard dont sound like this one. I am a very happy customer... I would recomend this amp to anyone... regardless of price range. The 1502 is really more like a 1500-2500 piece of equipment. Oh and good cables definitely help alot! cant say enough good things about the sound it makes...

Purchased At:   audiogon

Submitted by elrhee a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 30, 2005

Bottom Line:
I was using an ATI1505 for my woofer panels on my main speakers, as well as for my center channel and my surrounds. Overall, I was pleased, but I wanted to get some separate amps (ideally monoblocks) for my woofer panels. I decided to plunk down some cash for one ATI1502. I wanted to compare it bridged to on channel of the ATI1505. At first, there wasn't a whole lot of difference, but once it started to break in, the difference was very noticeable. I got a lot more bass. More bass than I had ever heard from my woofer panels. They are a 4 ohm load, and I was nervous about whether the amp would handle it.

Ed Frias was a great help. He seemed confident the ATI would handle the load, and he was right. The amp does not even feel warm to the touch.

I don't plan to run it on a fullrange speaker, so my comments are restricted to how it works in a bi-amp situation. For woofers, this thing is an outstanding buy.

Purchased At:   Audiogon

Submitted by 20to20K a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 31, 2005

Bottom Line:
I have 4 ohm Polk LSi15's that require alot of juice to sound their best. My Denon 3805 (120x7) does a decent job of driving them, but with a 4ohm center (LSIC) and two surrounds I was concerned about overtaxing the Denon.

Originally I bought a vintage Denon POA-2400 off ebay for about $375. This was my first ever purchase of a seperate. I notice an improvement in sound quality and definetely in power but it was not the overwhelming experience I've heard others claim with this amp. I just assumed it was some combination of hyperbole and hysteria.

My Denon recently had to go for repairs and I got tired of waiting for it so I began shopping for another amp. To avoid getting something else unreliable I shopped for something new. Finding something new that gave me at least 200watts RMS into 4 ohms for less than $500 was not easy. I lucked out and found this ATI on sale at One Call for $399 down from $799. I read the reviews on this sight and took the plunge.

After I hooked it up I instantly got the dreaded ground loop hum. Before I got too depressed I ran out to Rat Shack to get a cheater plug hoping this quick fix would solve the problem. It did!

I was then ready for my listening evaluation. I came in with the preconception that because this amp was rated at 150RMS(8 Ohms) and my Denon was
200 I wouldn't be able to drive my Polks as well with them. Boy was I wrong.

One of my favorite evaluation disks is Herb Alberts "Rise". It one of the first ever digital recordings...done on a 3M 32 track recorder and mastered by Bernie Grundman in '79. Both the title cut and "Rotation" offer great material for evaluating speaker performance for this type of music (jazz fusion).

Rotation is great for highs, soundstage, and channel seperation. There's tons of percussion, hidden instrumention, and channel sweeping sound effects. Many of which I heard for the first time on the ATI. The clarity and detail was so sharp...it was like listening to the recording for the first time. Rise has thumping bass and lots of cool effects as well. I actually heard a triangle playing in the fadeout that had gone unnotice before. I could get the 3805 to clip during the second bass break at about -8 or so on the volume level. Not so with the ATI. No matter how much I cranked it the sound remained clear, clean, and detailed. For acoustic music I listened to cuts from Joni Mitchell's Hijera and Keith Jarretts Trio live CD "Still Live". Both excellent recordings. Dave Grusin's Mountain Dance sounds sharper than I've ever heard it. I have new found respect for my LSi 15's. If you ever audition these speakers make sure you do so with a decent power amp. An AVR will not do them justice.

I noticed all these dramatic improvements straight out of the box. I do not know if the alleged "break-in" period for amps really does exist. All I know is this thing sounds great now and if it gets any better I may feel the need to send them some more money! We'll...at least a thank you note!
(Now who's dishin' the hyperbole!)

Purchased At:   One Call on clearanc