Arcam P90 Amplifiers

• Input impedance 22k Ohms
  • Power consumption (maximum) 800VA

Submitted by hz a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 12, 2013

Bottom Line:
Bought it used intending to biamp with my a65+ (the same as the former reviewer) but my B&W DM303 doesn't have separate terminals for bi-wiring so only using it as a power amp now. Replacing NAD C320BEE, my a65+ is more suitable, than the NAD, to my taste which is mostly classical stuff. Connecting to a65+'s pre-out, this P90 is definitely more advanced than a65+'s amp out. The sound stage is much better defined and instruments more focused. The most improved is female vocal especially in operas. Madam Butterfly is standing right there on a smaller stage than real world and singing, not through the speakers, to me. Her voice is very nature like I were just there in theater.

I am not sure if my B&W 303 limits P90's potential. I feel that bass quantity is not improved much from a65+'s amp out. Being budget speakers, the B&W 303 is doing very well driven by P90. I wander if replacing it with a higher end pair will reveal more capability of P90. All-in-all, adding P90 to the chain brings music listen to a next level.

My system
NAD CD521i
Music Fidality VDAC
Arcam a65+ as pre amp
Arcam P90
B&W DM303

Submitted by Jake a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 7, 2010

Bottom Line:
Bought this Arcam P90 amp slightly used from Goodwins High End to drive a pair of B&W 804s matrix speakers Using Arcam A65 plus integrated as pre amp.
Very clean sound up to about 70% volume then pre amp says no more volume and cuts to orange light protecting everyone involved :)
Natural clean and subtle with power ...great low end.
Highly recommended.