Arcam Alpha 8 Amplifiers

4.71/5 (7 Reviews) MSRP : $700.00

50 watts

Submitted by Phil Cornish a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: August 31, 2014

Bottom Line:
I love this amplifier so much, for the money you can not get better

Submitted by Luke a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 24, 2012

Bottom Line:
I purchased this amp a few years back (alpha 8r) and the sound quality is amazing for the price! I have It connected to a polk sub and a pair of anthony gallo nucleus speakers i have also had 2 probloms with the amp were when you blow a fuse and u go to replace it it keeps blowing the new fuse u put in .therwise great amp!

Submitted by mikeeree a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 28, 2009

Bottom Line:
This review is for the arcam alpha 8 amp, And i must say this was prob the best money could buy with my budget of £300.oo
I had it running with a pair of Ruark Ikon speakers and an alpha 8 se cd player and what a sound i got from it, blew me away considering you could spend at least double on decent amp but still wont get as good a sound.
Its a warm sound delivers great colour and fantastic value for money.
Brilliant amplifier but what do you expect from Arcam :)

Strengths;
The longer you drive this amp the sweater it gets the sound says it all

Weakness;
Cant think of any its just so well made

Submitted by gerenidsmith a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 3, 2004

Bottom Line:
This review is for the Arcam 8P Amazing ! What a superb combination ( with the 8R) this has turned out to be.
I was not expecting this sound quality and performance for this amount of money.
The Arcam 8R is a great amplifier, but the real star of the show is the
power amplifier. It has to be one of the best in it's class for the price.
One of the most musical amps out there.
It conveys the emotion in the music in a way that most other similarly priced amplifiers just fail to do.
The sound is warm and involving but not at the expense of clarity and transparency. I preferred the 8P to the 9P. Its a gem, five stars no question.

Purchased At:   Audio Excellence

Submitted by Ernest a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: August 9, 2001

Bottom Line:
I recently purchased the Alpha 8p and have to say I was very concerned about this amp once it was in my hand's,these amps are extremely light,in my (old) american opinion light meant cheap.Boy was I wrong,this is the most musical amp I've owned(not heard).Every amp or reciever I owned weighed at least twice the Arcam,but as my ear grew and I got more mature,I learned that the best thing's in life and especially audio,are simple.The Alpha 8p uses MOSFET devices to ensure a shorter signal path and improved amplifier effiency.My collection of music is mostly jazz and r&b.When listening to jazz the amp portray's a wide,vivid soundstage,with good instramental seperation,with a surprisingly large amount of low end warmth.What I really love about this amp is the mid-range,paying close attention to the female voice.This amp is warm,when pushed the treble stay's sweet,and the bass stay's deep and tight.Whatever your choice of music this amp will complement it,and since they are so inexspensive I bought two of them and bi-amped my speaker's.

Purchased At:   AudioCraft