Aragon 8002 Amplifiers

4.88/5 (16 Reviews) MSRP : $1499.00

125W/ch

Submitted by nakmania a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 14, 2004

Bottom Line:
Loved the clean smooth sound of this amp, made music and details really comes out from even small speakers.

Purchased At:   used

Submitted by Yingtong Gao a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: October 26, 2002

Bottom Line:
I've been buying and selling every component in my system except this one, many amps come and go, every time I think I get a better amp it ends up being beat brutally by 8002 in A/B comparison. Just don't compare 8002 with things that cost ten times more, even 8008 was killed for sounding a little dull.
Best amp in it's price.

Purchased At:   Online Auction

Submitted by jimemac a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 28, 2002

Bottom Line:
I purchased more than one of these because even though they are powerful on their own, my speakers have a bass driver noted for being power hungry. Dahlquist DQ-20's have a much praised mid and tweeter made by Scan-speak. The bass driver made by Magnat has been much maligned(even by me)as tubby, slow, inarticulate, flat etc. and generally something to be endured so that you could enjoy the sweet mids and high's. The best advice has always been to buy a good sub cross over between 40 and 50 to get the best result. Less strain on the main amp, deep bass by the sub-woofer and less responsibility for the driver generaly thought not to be up to par with the rest of the system. The 8002's have caused me to reconsider the capability of the woofer. The much maligned bass driver has become the full and articulate reproducer of percussion and acoustic bass notes that I think few of us DQ-20 owners could have imagined. I now have to experiment with the sub-woofer and wonder just how much of a future it has as it really doesn't seem to contribute nearly as much as it once did. With the second 8002 the mids and highs continue to be smooth and very well defined with the most subtle tones expressed seemingly as intended. Rock to classical these amps let my speakers shine. I don't know what someone else's needs might be, but at least for me these amp's have done the trick. Better than I thought anything was capable of doing.

Purchased At:   ubid

Submitted by ltc356 a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: April 12, 2002

Bottom Line:
It's rare to find a piece of stereo equipment that exceeds your expectations. I came across this unit purely by luck while browsing on the web. I wasn't really looking for an amplifier at the time, but at the price Ubid was selling them for, it was too good to pass up. I have other Acurus and Aragon equipment and liked the way they looked and more importantly, the way they sound.
Out of the box, there was an immediate difference in the sound of my system. Within a few days of break-in things really improved.

The 8002 makes my Magnaplanar speakers sound like they never did before. It amazes me how much better they sound with the 8002 than they did with my Acurus A200 amp. Recordings that I have listened to a hundred times sound as if a veil has been removed - more air, dynamics, and details are present.

The unit is heavy, fit and finish is excellent and the look is unique to Aragon. Unfortunately, this model has been discontinued since Klipsch aquired Modial Designs and the only source in the future will be the used market.

My System:

Rega P3-2000 with Benz Glider and PS Audio IV Phono Preamp.
Acurus ACD-11 CD (Used as Transport)
Nakamichi CR5 Cassette
Infinity BU15 Subwoofer

Purchased At:   Ubid

Submitted by Huoi Lamm a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: January 4, 2002

Bottom Line:
You can't go wrong with this amp, I don't think you'll beat it with your 8008(tho, more power) or more money like Pass Lab, Krell, or Mccormick.......Pass is little cleaner on high for onother $K.
System>>>>>>

Linn LP12>HT Phono cab>ARC Ph3
Theta Miles>HT TL
ARC LS16>HT Silway II>Aragon 8002>HT Pro11>B&W804

My 8002 isn't weakest link at all.

Purchased At:   Auction

Replace Pioneer Elite 55txi With Marantz 8002

Thinking of Replacing my Pioneer Elite 55TXI with marantz 8002 for new TrueHD audio any opionions welcomed LMBRead More »

High End: