AMC 2N100-5 Amplifiers

4.8/5 (5 Reviews) MSRP : $1350.00

Multi channel 150 watt, 5 channel amplifier

Submitted by crouchdl a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 14, 2006

Bottom Line:
I purchased this amp as an experiment to see if it was possible to get better quality 2 channel sound then I did from my Denon 3802 (which is pretty good for an integrated in it's price range.) in other words seperates for around 1,000 dollars or so. Well, between this amp and a citation 7.0 pre/pro for around 1,200 dollars for both it's really no contest. This combination bests the Denon by a wide margain. Sound is very smooth and detailed with no brightness or harshness that you might expect from an amp in this price range especially considering the amount of power this thing puts out. I've been fortunate enough to have had an EAD PM1000 and 2000 in my other systems and while this obviously doesn't stand up to those two pieces it does exibit some of the qualities that I came to love in those amps (mainly smoothness and very good balance from top to bottom with tons of clean power.) I really wasn't expecting much from this amp for the money but to be honest if I had heard this in a stereo shop I would have guessed this to cost around 2500.00! If you're looking for better 2 channel sound than you can get out of comparibly priced integrateds and still do home theater this is a no brainer (and yes I have listened to the Arcam AVR-300 which is comparible to my setup if you Bi-Amp but I still preferred the sound of my setup and for less money!)

Purchased At:   Internet

Submitted by awhitf a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: September 11, 2005

Bottom Line:
this amp is a pwerful and good sounding piece of eqiupment in stereo or 5.1 it is easily the best for the price.

Submitted by synthgtr a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 25, 2002

Bottom Line:
nice powerful amp, reasonable cost, sturdy build. I found I liked the lower power rotel 985 mkii better, slightly higher cost, more musical, definite improvement in soundstage. the amc is real improvement over amplification found in all in one receivers (pioneer, denon). If you can't find a rotel a good price, you won't go wrong with this amp ( both HT and music)

Purchased At:   internet

Submitted by Phil Mays a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 31, 2002

Bottom Line:
Very powerful amp. Musical and full sounding. Low distortion at high volumes. Runs cool and powers all 5 channels equally. VERY happy with this amp.

Purchased At:   sounds unlimited

Submitted by audiophreak a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 28, 2002

Bottom Line:
This is a massive amp. Build quality is quite superb for such a bargain piece of equipment. I’ve owned amps that cost nearly twice as much as street value for this piece of iron that were not noticeably better. I used this AMC to crank my Bohlender Graebener Radia’s. I have two pairs of these power-hungry ribbon speakers as well as a BG center for my 5-channel setup. The AMC doesn’t break a sweat. Stereo-only sounds good, too. Not at all harsh for a solid state amp. Runs fairly cool despite a 3 DVD movie marathon. Use a good pre-amp (I use my old Denon receiver) and good interconnects.

Large toroid and 5 output devices are inside. Gold binding posts outside. Comes with detachable power cord!!! Forget the ATI or the B&K multi channel. You need to get one of these.

Purchased At:   Ebay