Alesis RA100 Amplifiers

4.78/5 (9 Reviews)

100 watt per channel 4ohm reference amp

Submitted by wheats a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 20, 2011

Bottom Line:
SUMMARY.
BOUGHT THIS AMP ON EBAY AS A STOPGAP WHILE DECIDING ON NEW AMP FOR MY SETUP.WAS CONNECTED TO MUSICAL FIDELITY CDPRE 24 DRIVING KLIPSCH CORNERHORNS.FOR THE MONEY PAID @220 I WAS AMAZED AT THE QUALITY OF SOUND THIS AMP PRODUCED .CLEAN ,DEFINED,OPEN ,NEUTRAL WITH A GOOD SOUNDSTAGE.A LITTLE BIT ROLLED OFF ON THE TOPEND BUT THAT SUITED THE CORNERHORNS WHICH CAN BE A LITTLE TO AGGRESSIVE.I HAVE HAD NUMEROUS AMPS OVER THE YEARS AND ALTHOUGH THIS AMP CAN BE BETTERED YOU ARE GOING TO HAVE TO SPEND A LOT OF MONEY [THOUSANDS] TO FIND A SUPERIOR AMP-THIS AMP IS THE BEST BARGAIN I HAVE EVER HAD IN 35 YEARS OF HI FI BUYING AND HIGHLY RECOMMEND TO ANYONE ON A BUDGET

OTHER EQUIPMENT OWNED
MUSICAL FIDELITY,HARMON KARDON CITATION, MARANTZ,PIONEER ,ROTEL,CYRUS,ARCAM,AKAI PRESTIGE SERIES,DYNACO[VALVE AND SS]YAMAHA,NAKAMICHI,KLIPSCH,MORDUANT SHORT

STRENGHS
OPEN CLEAN NEUTRAL SOUND

WEAKNESS'
SPEAKER CLIPS

Submitted by Michael a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: June 18, 2010

Bottom Line:
I use this amp in two configurations...one as a DJ rig and the other as a home studio. I have Alesis near field monitors and some kick-ass Advent speakers for the DJ events. Too bad Advent is not what it was in the 80s

Submitted by Teran a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 13, 2002

Bottom Line:
I own several of these (5 and counting), all purchased off of eBay. I am using them in combination with active crossovers and custom made speakers.
I have been impressed with the fact that all of the amps have the same sonic signature -- clean but a little constrained on the high end, which suits my listening preferences just fine.
All 5 of the amps have been remarkably consistent in their operation with absolutely no problems.
These are not high-powered amps, however they provide plenty of power for studio use or for my situation where I am using 3 channels (from 2 amps) per 3-way speaker.

Purchased At:   eBay

Submitted by Mark McD a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 2, 2002

Bottom Line:
I took the approach another reviewer mentioned -- I got a clean, minimally featured amplifier, dispensed with a pre-amp and spent my money on speakers. The amp sounds beatiful and works great. If you can still get a closeout special on the RA100, I would recommend it highly. And if you can't, I suspect that the new series from Alesis sounds equally good.

I ended up with another great closeout bargain on speakers (B&W DM605 S2's), plenty good enough to reveal any defects in the Alesis if there were any. And I noticed that when I said I had an Alesis, the folks at the fancy audio parlor where I bought the speakers stopped even trying to sell me an amplifier to go with the speakers.

Of course, this is only a 75wpc amp (8 ohms), so if you want concert sound levels you might need to get something a little heftier.

Purchased At:   American Musical Sup

Submitted by Kow K a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 18, 2001

Bottom Line:
Hi, I've just got a more complete specifiction of this outstanding product. Here it is!

Output Power: 100 watts into 4 ohms, 75 watts into 8 ohms, per side
THD: 0.05% THD @ 1kHz (8 ohms), 0.19% THD @ 1kHz (4 ohms)
Frequency Response: ±1dB 20Hz - 20kHz
Recording studio reference monitoring
Live sound reinforcement for small venues
Noise: 100dB below full output
Output Connectors: 1/4" phone jacks and push clip terminals
Power Requirements: (US Domestic) 120 VAC, 500 W Max
Dimensions: (WxHxD) 19"x3.5"x8"
Weight: 14.25 lbs

If you find this, get it on the spot. You will NEVER be disappointed.

Purchased At:   eBay

Can you bridge an Alesis RA100?

New to this forum. Can anybody tell me if you can bridge the output of this amp? I am using it for a center channel amp. I got it for free so I thought this was a good place to use it. Thanks.Read More »

Premier Mounts: