Adcom GFA-6000 Amplifiers

4.57/5 (14 Reviews) MSRP : $900.00

Submitted by greg k a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 25, 2003

Bottom Line:
I got this amp about 2 months ago.A local audio/HT dealer was having a sale to move some of their floor model stuff.I know them pretty good,and their know I am always a sucker for a good deal.I was cking out all the asle items and the saleman mentioned this old Adcom amp they got in as a trade in.Being an older amp with lower power rears,they really had no use for it since they do a lot of complete HT installs.Told me a $100 would take it home,just to get it out of their way!Needless to say ,I quickly got out the check book.I am using it as the center and surround amp for my Rotel RSX 1055.My rear speakers are AR TSW 510's,and really came to life with good ,clean 100W's.$100 BUCKS!! cant be beat at that price,as it is in excellent consition.

Purchased At:   audio dealer

Submitted by christopher baus a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 10, 2003

Bottom Line:
This is a pretty neat amp for what I paid. I'm using it with my PC right now, and I am amazed at the amount dynamic power this thing has. It is sick. I'm using it with a modified 15" Velodyne sub that blew the built in amp, and this thing has breathed new life into the cabinet. Good bang for the buck if you can find one on ebay.

Purchased At:   ebay.

Submitted by audiogeeke a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 14, 2002

Bottom Line:
The first thing I noticed about this player was the size of the toroidial transformer. Also I was impressed by its solid feel and clean looks. After hooking it up I was amazed by its sound quality and power. It drives 4 ohm Infinity reference speakers with pretty good ease. The amp seems to be somewhat warm and full in the lower freq. It outperformed a h/k 510 surround reciever I borrowed quite noticebly. The damping factor is impressive as well. Being quite a substantial piece of equipment placement is critical. The large toroid transformer seems to pick up hum from cables, plugs, etc. I have to keep my tape deck away from it or it picks up interference. The clean power you get from this amp makes up for any issues with placement. Highly recommended if you can find one used on the net.

Purchased At:   safe & sound

Submitted by Marc Miller a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: May 15, 2002

Bottom Line:
Great price and clean, clean, clean power. No hum when running 220v/50Hz power. Slightest of hums (I have to actually place my ear on the speaker cover of my Klipsch Tangent T-5000's) when running 100v/60Hz. Seems to be a wonderful match for my 5.1 system (Klipsch) with a separate powered sub (Yamaha).

Purchased At:   AAFES BX Vogelweh, G

Submitted by levir a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 7, 2002

Bottom Line:
The Adcom GFA-6000 is a clean and detailed sounding amp compared to my HKs TXH AVR80. Upon connecting the GFA-6000 using Monster M series cables, there is a slight improvement in detail and soundstage. Power is definetly there. I find my self listening to my old CD collections over again.

Purchased At:   Ebay