Adcom GFA-5006 Amplifiers

4.25/5 (4 Reviews) MSRP : $800.00

Submitted by ardyar a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: March 24, 2013

Bottom Line:
I'm using the 5006 for the center and surround speakers.A proceed amp for the mains.The 5006 gives me plenty of power and a slightly warm sound.I would never bridge in a surround setup.Why would you want to send a mono signal to your mains?You would collapse the whole surround sound image.Only thing to send a mono signal to would be your sub.

Submitted by jamison a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 10, 2004

Bottom Line:
i bought this amp along with a GFA-555
I have the 5006 driving my rear and center speakers bridged at 175 x 3. the 555 drives the mains.
so far i am impressed with the power i have an Onkyo TX-SR receiver i now use as a preamp. in bridged mode it blows the Onkyo away. I tried it in stereo and it does not keep up with the 555.

Purchased At:   Ebay

Submitted by Robert Schwartz a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 6, 2001

Bottom Line:
Fairly new to the world of high-end equipment. Previously I was running 2 Adcom GFA 535II's for the center and rears. The Adcom 535II's ran too hot in the HT center so I opted to replace them with 1 Adcom 5006 bridged to 3 x 175 Watts. The most immediate improvement was the POWER! This amp really brought my entire HT system to life using it for the center and rear speakers. When listening to 6-channel stereo music through my Marantz SR5200 and Marantz CC9100 300 Disk Changer it performs extremely well. Clear highs, good midrange and tight bass. Very capable amp. Picking this amp up around $500 makes it a great deal for the money. If I were to have paid full price I would have opted for a 5503 instead probably. But in the $500 range it's perfect to run all 6 channels for a smaller HT system or 3 Channels if you have an existing 2-channel amp.
I'm giving it 5 stars for the money I paid for it and 5 stars for its performance in this price range! Very versatile, the power "Vacation Switch" is a very nice feature and the sound quality is great. I'm not sure how it performs on the mains in 2-channel stereo mode but will probably test that out later. Very happy with this purchase!

Rob

Purchased At:   www.smartbargins.com

Submitted by daniel hawkes a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 5, 2000

Bottom Line:
I love the bridging aspects of this amp. I am using two channels at 175 watts/ch to bi- wire my nht 2.9's.
The amp also has pre-out/main in plugs for cascading with more amps or properly bi-wiring with an amp with pre-out/main in. I am using the 3rd channel bridged to stereo at 50 watts/ch to run the 2nd zone from my yamaha rxv-2095. it saves a ton of space with the torroid design andhas an unusually small profile for an amp of its size. great for muli zone & surround applications.

FGH 26: