Acurus DIA-100 Amplifiers

4.22/5 (46 Reviews) MSRP : $995.00

100 watts per channel continuous, both channels driven into 8 Ohms, 20 Hz - 20,000 Hz at no more than 0.09% THD.

Submitted by Bob a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 11, 2014

Bottom Line:
I had to write a review for this integrated....
This is an excellent value. I ahve owned alot of stuff in the past from Krell to Audio Research to Pass and B & W and Totem Acoustic speakers...I dont have alot of $$$$ right now for a system and I bought this used over the net, and I must say I really like it..I listen to Baroque strings, Corelli, Purcell, you know, minimalist string quartets, qunitets...and I love this thing...it is nuetral, maybe a tad bright, but if the recording is good, not so, it is just right. The bass is suficient, not stellar, but there is a three dimensional soundstage on the right recordings, when the recordings are good, this thing is a smoking integrated. I have kept this unit longer than others I buy...because I think it is an outstanding performer for the price, but for any price really. It gets the music right. I swap out other tube and hybrid amps, but I always come back to this thing. It is a great unit for me anyway.

Submitted by Supercoolguy a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 30, 2012

Bottom Line:
This amp is something i may never part with. Its rare and sounds great. Just plain solid the way good audio outta be. Its sound is potent across the board. may be a little grainy in there so it does need a good source. Im an orig owner for 16yrs. I bought the first edition then within a few months they offered an upgrade to MkII for $100 and i jumped.

....this amp has me smiling. I can get a $4k McIntosh 2chn for a fantastic deal, new in the box BUT WHY rush, i have this.

Submitted by karister99 a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: August 7, 2011

Bottom Line:
This is an awesome sounding integrated amp, an excellent value. I've been using this on and off. This amp provides ample power for my requirements and this is a very musical amp with lots of character to it. Very detail with a deep, broad & huge sound-stage to it. This Acurus can handle any power hungry speaker with ease and has very tight hard hitting low end with smooth and silky vocals and highs. It never runs hot and very well built. I think Acurus gear had been a great bargain due to their reliability built quality with awesome sound quality. I think the previous reviewer made a great point, you'll need to be around 2-3k price range to get the same sound quality of this amp.

This is a very solid performer and if you ever have the opportunity of getting one in the used market in good shape, do not hesitate you'll come to love their sound for a long time. I've had used Acurus (A250) , B & K, Adcom, Nakamichi, Sansui, Luxman, Pioneer, Integra, Yamaha, Theshold and Rotel and this one is an awesome little amp.

Submitted by sound_junky a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: February 4, 2011

Bottom Line:
This is by far the most sound you will get under $2500....PERIOD!! I have owned amps that I have spent $3000 on and this Acurus DIA 100 stomps it! All around an "AWESOME AMP"and this has them all shaking their boots!! You would be crazy to spend more on seperates and not give this a try first!! You wil love this amp!! I spent $3500 recently to better it!!

Read the reviews and then have a listen!.go here...
Stereophile rated a solid CLASS B!!!

Enough said!!!

Submitted by 1ofa1000answers a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 10, 2009

Bottom Line:
I've used a variety of set-ups, most of which I thought were good. On a whim I purchased the DIA-100 for my second system basically to cut down on the space occupied by 2 NAD amps and an ADCOM pre-amp. The difference was more remarkable than I would have expected. I'm using a part of M&K SB1 Satellites and they now sound better than my primary system (it sounds sluggish by comparison).

The sounds is a bit bright but the M&K's actually allow you to tweak the sound, and with some trial and error I finally found the sweetspot. The biggest drawback to the integrated amp is that there is no separate subwooder out.

BLG CP024: