Acurus A100x3 Amplifiers

4.89/5 (9 Reviews) MSRP : $950.00

Submitted by ??????? a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 20, 2012

Bottom Line:
???????? ?????????. ???????????? ???????? ????????????. ????????? ? ?????????????, ??? ?? ??????? ????? ?????? ???? ????????????? ????????????????, ??? ?????????? ?????? ?????. ???????? ?????? ?? ????? ???????? ? ???? ????????.

Submitted by jkc1628 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 3, 2004

Bottom Line:
I have been using surrond receivers for years. I tried Nad, Denon, Yamaha, Marantz and many more. I believe they sound great and should be comparable to Amplifiers especially they have very similar power ratings. I settled with Marantz (SR5300 with 90W continues to 6 channels) becasue I like the warmth and open sound stage. I though I have everything until one day one of my friend, who is an audiophile, told me that I should really try using an Amp for my front and center channels since I have pre outs already. He said that will really improve my sound experiences. I did not believe him 100% but willing to try. We found the Acurus 100x3 on eBay. After I hook up the Amp, I immediately notice the improvement. The sound is more crispy, clear, with definition. The bass is much tigher as well. I could not be happier becasue I can hear a lot more than before. After I read lots of reveiw about Acurus, they are really great amps. Acurus provide 80%+ performance with only 20% of the price comparing to all the high amps. Now I listen to more stereo because Acurus really being the music alive.

I don't understand why the Amp sound so much better under similar power ratings. If anyone out there understand, please send me a quick e-mail.

Thanks

Purchased At:   eBay

Submitted by Jehremy a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 12, 2001

Bottom Line:
When it comes to budget audiophile gear, I thought NAD and Rotel were the only game in town. How wrong I was, this amp has everything those guys have and more. Throws up a nice wide soundstage, crisp highs without being too bright, sweet midrange and an absence of graininess often associated with gear at this price. I still can't believe I got this thing for only $450, brand new! The guy I bought from has quite a few more that he is trying to liquidate from a failing A/V business. Check it out on ebay.

Submitted by David a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 23, 2001

Bottom Line:
I purchased this product as a slightly used Demo to replace an older Adcom. First of let me say that the build quality was what I was initially impressed with, this is a real piece of Audio equipment and it is made to last.

I was very impressed with the sound quality at all levels. I have recently auditioned lots of similar equipment but this was the best. Very highly detailed without being too bright, tight midrange and great bass response. With a better soundstage that anything I have listed to under $3K. Overall it performs in the home environment outstandingly. One of the best features is that the Acurus is that it runs so cool. I had it on recently for eight hours playing music and movies, at a good volume, and it never got even warm to the touch, outstanding.

If your in the market for this type of Amplifier you can do no better at this price point.
Highly recommended.

Audio Quest speaker cable
Transparent Interconnects

Submitted by Keith a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 23, 2001

Bottom Line:
Wrong JJ.I've had this amp since late 1994 and it is still
humpin.Sounds better all the time.No problems AT ALL.The
best part is now I know what brand amp to buy if I ever
need another one.Good value.One of the best pieces of audio
equipment I've ever owned.

PANAMAX: