Yamaha RX-V2600 A/V Receivers

• Night Listening Enhancer ensures
  • Two-Line FL Display

Submitted by OneLiterPeter a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 12, 2006

Bottom Line:
I am by no means an expert and this unit is my first real foray into the higher end of the audio market. With that said... My initial goal was to find a good sounding reciever that would accept all of my existing audio and video components and funnel them through one remote and yet still be versitile enough to allow my system to grow without having to buy another reciever a year from now. After having done considerable research I decided on the RS-V2600. I have to say that this receiver fits the bill to a tee and then some. Hookup was a breeze in spite of the so-so manual. I especially like the mic. and auto setup feature for my speakers. Being somewhat of a noob I felt that I really didn't know what to listen for when setting up the speaker levels. After running the setup I sat down with a few of my favorite DVD's to see just how well this unit performed. I immediately noticed the difference between my old receiver and the RS-V2600... where I distinctly heard each speaker previously I was now enveloped in sound. The surround experience really blew me away. The remote control while non-standard allowed me to control all of my components. Goal achieved!!! I now have a drawer full of remotes and only one on the coffee table.

Overall I feel that this is a top knotch unit. Lot's of flexibilty and power and exactly what you'd expect from Yamaha. I would highly recomend this unit to anyone that is ready to move up from their low budget all in one system to something that really delivers like the RS-V2600 does.

Purchased At:   Tweeter

Submitted by Juanoman a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 12, 2005

Bottom Line:
surpassed my espectations,visually and on my ears,wow...... I had been a loyal Yamaha fan,and never been dissapointed

Purchased At:   Tweeter