Yamaha RX-V2095 A/V Receivers

4.61/5 (351 Reviews) MSRP : $1599.00

Dolby Pro Logic/Digital/DTS - 100w x 5 channels/25w x 2 front effects channels - Yamaha's Digital Sound Field Processing (simulates actual concert halls), Cinema DSP, and Tri-Field Processing - 6-channel direct input - 4 digital inputs - 3 analog audio inputs - 5 A/V inputs (s-video) - learning remote - multi-room/multi-source capable

Submitted by riffjim4069 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 12, 2004

Bottom Line:
Purchased the RX-V2095 4 1/2 years ago as my first home theater system. I purchased Yamaha A/V after having a great experience with an M-70/C-70/T-70, amp/pre-amp/tuner, 2 channel audio system I purchase in 1982 - still use this system to this day!

The RX-V2095 was an outstanding, great sounding, A/V receiver that really made my Klipsch speakers: KLF-30, KLF10, KLF-C7 and KSW-12 come alive. It's still looks and performs like new, but unfortunately the time has come to replace this dated model with a newer, more powerful, and more feature-laden model. I plan to give it to my daughter in two years, along with a dusty pair or Bose 701s I never quite used, when she goes off to college in 2 years.

Purchased At:   AAFES - Japan

Submitted by clockwork a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: January 20, 2004

Bottom Line:
I know that there are newer models that has come out already but I really like the A1 when it came out but it was not within my budget so I settled for the RX-V2095. I previously used a Yamaha RX-v596 which I truly like but retired to the bedroom.

There isnt anything I can say that has not been said before. This receiver even if its "old" still kicks ass. I like the fit and finish, and especially the options it offers. It is very powerful and I couldnt get pass 12 oclock without getting worried of being reported for public disturbance.

I have one question for the experts here though.In my previous Yamaha RX-V596, I get very detailed sound in my center dialogue through my 12 year old Jamo center speaker. I really did not want to retire my Jamo because i really like the crispiness of dialogues in my V596 before. So I set it up with the 2095. However, after a lot of tweaking and everything, I still couldnt get it to sound like my 596. My 596 is only DPL and for the 2095, i always used DD or DTS. Along with the Jamo center, I am using JBL E100 for the fronts, JBL for Subs and Bose 301 for the Rear surrounds.

Sometimes I think that it is inherent to the 2095 but I doubt that the 596 is better in center dialogue reproduction. In the 2095, the center is not as crisp, i can even say its muddy compared to the 596.

I am not an enthusiast by any means as can be seen in my choice of equipment but I like channels to sound crisp and clear especially the center channel if possible even at that age.

For the experts out here, Have I done something wrong in the setup. BTW, I am using all optical and coax cables only.

If there is no way out of it, my last resort would be to replace the center with another JBL. Or is there any suggestion for a good center speaker

Submitted by Los Sitrop a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 29, 2003

Bottom Line:
Overall this is an excellent reciever. It has very good detail, excellent bass and well built. I compare it to both the newer verse Yamaha recievers the RXV1 and RXZ1. The 2095 match both in stereo, dolby digital 5.1 and dts 5.1. However, newer reciever are better sounding on other digital surround channal. But, when I look at the price for all newer top of the line reciever, I believe I got a great deal and sacaficed only a little in sound quality

Purchased At:   The exchange

Submitted by Dan Dan a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 9, 2002

Bottom Line:
I just finished to adjusted my new baby, a Yamaha RX-V1300 and the sound is very impressive, more than expected. I use to have a Onkyo model TX-DS484 (5 x 55w) bought in sept.2001 change it because it was not enough powerful for my Polk's.

At the dealer it was pluged with some Paradigm as front, center and rear and a B&W for sub. Sound was amazing.

I will now, have enough power to wake up these speakers and come back to you with my impressions later....

My system is..

Polk Audio floor standing model RT800i
as front.
Polk Audio model CS245i as center.
Polk Audio model RT15I as back.
Polk Audio model PRW 250 powered subwoofer
Panasonic DVD
Hitachi VCR s-VHS

Purchased At:   Fillion Electronique

Submitted by toolo4sno a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 31, 2002

Bottom Line:
Since I've always been fascinated by the v-notch look and functions of the old DSP-A1, I felt the 2095 was my ticket. I have been nothing but completely satisfied. Besides the learning curve on the remote, I have had no substantial complaints.

Equipment:
Rear Speakers = Halfer TRM8s$29
Center = Halfer TRM26
DVD = Sony CDP-S550D
VCR = Mitsubishi HS-U780

My Haflers are quite unforgiving and honest, still the 2095 is quick to impresses. If it lacks anything compared to others from then and now it would be: lack of component switching, speaker level adjustments in menu not dedicated switches on remote, and menu somewhat counter intuitive. It may seem like a long list, but getting used to it is half the battle. All in all an incredible receiver. Even a bargain today for under $700, in my opinion.

Purchased At:   WorldAV (Ebay)

Award-Winning Axiom: