Yamaha RX-A3000
MSRP  1900.00
Description: <ul> <li>Compatible with Windows 7</li> <li>HDMI (V.1.4a with 3D and Audio Return Channel)</li> <li>HDMI CEC functionality</li> <li>HD Radio with iTunes tagging</li> <li>Video Adjustment Preset</li> </ul>

Submitted by rabbit73au a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: May 1, 2012

Bottom Line:
I bought this AV Reciever after much debate to replace my Yamaha DSP-A1 as the DTS chip went on my A1 ant the repair cost was going to be around $1000, I have not been dissapointed with this reciever in regards to sound the only gripe i do have is it does not have a onboard Rf demodulator for my laserdiscs (yes i still use Laserdisc) i had to look out my APD-1, whether it is my old Lps from my tapes to Blu-ray this AV reciever does it well.

Submitted by Dale Rosene a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: December 14, 2011

Bottom Line:
I purchased this the Yamaha RX-A3000 A/V Receiver for $899 about 2 weeks ago to replace a Marantz sr-19 which served me extremely well for 10 years...and it cost TWICE as much. Instead of
gambling on a repair which would have been more than $500, I decided to try this Yamaha unit.
It has NOT disappointed me in the least! It sounds better than the Marantz and has many, many
more features. It will take quite a bit more time to fully realize what it can do. But my sampling of the sound quality on known recordings which I am familiar with has given me nothing but amazement. I was concerned about getting a receiver with high enough quality to satisfy myself.
All types of music and movies sound wonderful...cymbals and drums are outstanding...details from
all the speakers in my theater are incredible. Distortion levels and background noise are ZERO.
I have utilized this website for many years to learn about various equipment and appreciate the large amount of feedback it provides. Anyone considering a new receiver would be well advised to check out the prices on this Yamaha unit from a few if the internet retailers...if you can get it for under $900 you will not regret the purchase! Now let's all see if I can get 10 years of enjoyment
out of this new machine! Hope...Hope...