Yamaha HTR-5940 6.1 Channels Receiver A/V Receivers

Powerful and versatile 6.1 channel receiver featuring Quad-Field CINEMA DPS, XM Satellite Radio "Ready" with HD Surround, and finctions for the convenient use of portable audio players.

Submitted by bikdav a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: January 5, 2012

Bottom Line:
The Yamaha HTR-5940 was an "emergency" Craigslist purchase. I needed a receiver fast to replace an Onkyo TX-SR503 that was acting up on me. I couldn't pass it up after trying it out. It has too many features to list here, but If you look it up on the internet you'll be amazed _ as I was. The sound quality is far better than I expected. It also revealed some hidden problems that I was having with the Onkyo 503. In other words, some of the annoyances with the Onkyo were gone. A little earlier, I also bought a Yamaha HTR-5830 that I also commented on in Audioreview. That was my first Yamaha product. If you get one of these, keep the manual handy, because _ like the 5830 _ the 5940 requires a lot of manual operation on your part. But, that puts you in control of nearly everything. The Yamaha HTR-5940 seriously solved my problem and produces great sound quality also. I'm pleased.

Sennheiser: