Yamaha HTR-5850 A/V Receivers

• 14 Surround Programs
  • Dolby Digital EX

Submitted by Levike a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: November 3, 2006

Bottom Line:
Here I am again reviewing a product that I recently have bought. You have to realize that I bought the Yamaha HTR-5950 and not the HTR-5850, but I had to review it so I put it in this section. Anyway, I was using a Harman Kardon AVR 110 for my bedroom, my bedroom is only 11 feet by 11 feet.
So I purchased the Yamaha HTR-5950, and all I can say is WOW.
Everytime I listened to Yamaha at stores they sounded flat and boring, but at home you can adjust everything and the final product is amazing.
I have used or heard other brands and I am very disapointed in Denon, Sony ES, Harman Kardon, OInkyo. The only brand that exceeds this receiver is the Pioneer Elite Line
I am using a Sony 1000ES in the livingroom, and I am sorry to say that this receiver is up there with it, and in music it beats both my Pioneer Elite and Sony ES.

By the way this isn't even the 2700 or 4600 Yamaha, so I can only imagine, how amazing those babies would be, well maybe one day.

If you want a very good receiver and only have about a budget of around 300 dollars this is a steal

Purchased At:   E-Tronics.com

Submitted by Pathetique a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 26, 2005

Bottom Line:
Upgrade Buy: The difference between the 60W Denon and the 100w+ Yamaha is noticable, but it is the imaging that is most improved. 6.1 works for me!

Purchased At:   PC Richard and Sons