Yamaha HTR-5760 A/V Receivers

• High Dynamic Power, Low Impedance
  • Linear Damping

Submitted by ricksta a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 9, 2005

Bottom Line:
this reciever has come to give me great pleasure since it came out of the box I like its big display of features,the lows have great bass that shakes floors,walls and windows.mids/highs are clean-crisp and sounds as good as it gets.really adjusts to any music or movie with a tremendous arsenal of dsp's(soundfields} with a good speaker selection I suggest at least 8ohms 200 watts and you can let it rip an I mean blast it really loud.....

Purchased At:   etronics

Submitted by mr. budget a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 19, 2005

Bottom Line:
(550cdn dollars)When I first got this one I didn't think it had enough power, but now I realized that it has a nice load of power, heck I've barely ever got it warm and I'm running 6 big speakers on surround, okay it gets a bit warm with music but every 6hours I just turn it off for a while. They thought of all of it here. It's more than adequate...it's amazing and for the price I don't see anything close. It even has tons of range settings on sub x-overs. It has pre outs and mlt chnl inputs so upgrade is good. This is an absolutely great rcvr for any stereo ht application...They didn't miss anything...If you want more power take the htr5790 but this one has enough power. I just didn't even take it over minus20db because it'll blow my speakers up, and my speakers are 300 watts each. There's no downside about this one.

Purchased At:   future shop

Submitted by aserejeje a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 9, 2005

Bottom Line:
This is an awesome receiver, loaded with DSP's and clean powerful sound. The onscreen display was a little confusing but once you learn all the features it is a breeze.

Purchased At:   Frys

Submitted by Fergusson a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 22, 2004

Bottom Line:
In fact this is a report on the Yamaha HTR-5730 receiver (since product category does not exist at AudioReview at this time.) Much the same as the 5760, tho' -- so here goes. The 5730 delivers 5.1 channels, claiming 100 watts per ch. {I cannot foresee ever bothering with a 7-ch.
system.} It's got a multitude of DSP settings, which function admirably; most useful to me are the Pro Logic II for movies & Stereo 5-Channel for music.
I have my home theater set up in a fairly small room, carpeted & fairly dead acoustically. Speakers are mainly cheapo Radio Shack (Optimus brand), including a decent center channel w/ Linaeum tweeter
& a robust sub, w/ separate 150 W. amp.

This Yamaha receiver more than meets my requirements, which is mainly to watch DVD's at moderate vol's; HT is not true Hi-Fi in my opinion, & thus true audiophile criteria do not apply. So far
(about one week of use), verdict is: a fine & functional piece of gear at a very reasonable price point.

Some random observations -- remote has FAST volume control. "Silent Cinema" feature (for discrete listening thru cans)
automatically mutes the speakers, allows you to use DSP programs to create illusion of surround in normal 2-channel 'phones ..
(or so says the manual at any rate.)
Do not fail to purchase Toslink (optical)
cable separately [~ $25] if you buy this unit -- required for full access to the DSP functioning. Not super powerful, but can produce 105 dB peaks in my application. ... Setup is not intuitive,
requires remote; but not too hard, either.
One comment, you might want to go thru manual set-up (specifying spkr sizes & distances, etc.) in any case, even with a
higher-priced unit .. I've read that the automatic YPAO set-up, avail. on Yamaha's
of this type at about $400 & above, can definitely leave something to be desired.
What else .. ? Oh, FM-tuner section works
well .. speaker connections are not first-rate, binding posts for main L + R
only, others are spring clips.

Purchased At:   Best Buys

Submitted by Guyf a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 6, 2004

Bottom Line:
The price in in $CDN.

I bought this A/V receiver to replace a 20 year old Pionner that I use for stereo music only. I bought it quick, thinking that any modern amplifier had to be much better than this antique amplifier.

Well, for stero music, it plain does not work. I have tried every possible settings, the music came out way too "clear" with a "shrill" that was no fun to listen too. There was no presence, no warmth at all in the music. If you wanted to dissect the music and hear the voices of each separate singers in a tune you could do it but the result was less than musical.

I was ready to pack it back to Future shop but i decided to give it a try on my home cinema system. I first took the Denon 1801 which I hooked to my music stereo system. Excellent! The warmth, the presence the depth of the music was back and much better than with the old Pionner; just the way it should be.

I then hooked up the Yamaha to the Encore speakers,I did the auto setup, which was mostly accurate, but that I tweaked to boost the bass a tad and the central speaker to help me with the dialogues. Excellent! More definition than the Denon, well defined bass since the crossover was set at 160 Hz (the Denon would not go under 80HZ, leaving a dead spot in the 80-150Hz zone. The DSP options are nice

Purchased At:   Future Shop