Technics SA-GX700 A/V Receivers

4.29/5 (7 Reviews) MSRP : $550.00

Submitted by Tracy Wright a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: June 13, 2012

Bottom Line:
I have a SA-GX700 receiver that looks and performs like it was made in 2012. Excellent product! Not easy to separate from this mind blowing equipment, but I will for the right price.

Submitted by NOPAYNE a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 22, 2009

Bottom Line:
THAY SAY THIS UNIT CAME OUT 1990 BUT I ORDER MINE 1987 I GOT IT FOR RECORDING MUISIC AND IT HAS MOER THAN YOU CAN EVEN BUY TODAY . I HAD AN ELITE AND STILL NEVER PERFORMED LIKE THIS ONE ITS NEVER BEEN WORKED ON AND NEVER A PROBLEM.I WISH THY SOLD THEM LIKE THY DID THEN . AND THIS UNIT WAS YEARS BEFOR ITS TIME.AAAAAAAAAAA--1

Submitted by Robert Lytle a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 9, 2001

Bottom Line:
Returning it to CC today for refund - won't be getting another. First one I bought had no output on the front A speakers - only B and rear. Returned it and this one worked for 2 weeks until all speaker outputs stopped working. These things do run hot and maybe it overheated although I have fine ventilation and no other components above or beneath it. I won't be buying another Sony today.

Purchased At:   Circuit city

Submitted by Reinaldo a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 7, 2000

Bottom Line:
I also would love to find a new SA-GX700. Mine it's been performing well for years now. I bought mine in 1991 too and I only had it once in the repair shop. I wonder why Panasonic/Technics took so many cool features out of their receivers. If were going to buy an equivalent for this receiver today...you will easily end up paying over $1,000.

Submitted by S.G. a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 4, 1999

Bottom Line:
I have not heard everything out there but I've never heard anything better than this receiver yet. I use it as my main amp in my home studio and have been since 1991. Only trouble I've had is that the C.D. input has recently shorted or something,but I just switched over to the vcr input and no more problem. I would buy another one in a minute if only I could find one.

FGH 26: