Technics SA-EX110 A/V Receivers

3.81/5 (26 Reviews) MSRP : $200.00

Submitted by S-m-I-t-H a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: September 15, 2009

Bottom Line:
i think is is a good unit by its self but if u hook up a pioneer graphic EQ (GR-860) it makes it alot better and i have 2 rca tower speakers and it kicks them hard the only problem i have had with it is that it heats up way 2 much and needs plenty of room 2 cool

Submitted by jkraeck a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 11, 2002

Bottom Line:
This is a very nice stereo receiver for the price. It was purchased to replace a 22 year old receiver which had finally given up. I was not looking for HT, and this seemed the best of the 2 channel units carried by best buy. I did not shop extensively for it, as the need was immediate. I later learned that it garnered a CR Best Buy, and I concur. It served for over a year as my main system. It has since been moved to the basement, connected to the computer for moving my LPs to CD. A good receiver at a good price. There are better, but I would rather put the money into speakers.

Purchased At:   Best Buy

Submitted by Ryan a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 11, 2001

Bottom Line:
Great ampifier. I had blown my sx 780 and was looking for a new amp to replace it. Finally I got one as a gift for my birthday as a total surprise. Well I took it home, hooked it all up. The sound of it was amazing. I'm currently using some crap realistic speakers but am going to buy jbl nd310's to go with the amp. I've seen people complain about the tuner and I also had a problem with it. What I did was I took at 50ft section of speaker wire that I had lying around and since this was in my basement I strung it around and connected that to the amp. Well now lets just say I can pick up nearly any signal it's so strong. The power of this thing is outstanding, I could easily blow the speakers i have right now so I'm trying to be careful with it. I'm using it through a mixer which has my computer as the input as well as a tape deck and cd player. As for the only single speaker set at a time. I don't really see this as a problem. It keeps the load at 8ohms instead of forcing the amp to work at 4ohms as it is with most stereo powered amps. I think that was the reason I blew my original amp was because I was doing a party with 4 speakers rather then the normal 2. Couldn't have been more pleased with it!

Purchased At:   Radioshack

Submitted by Milton Saurina a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 7, 2001

Bottom Line:
Es un excelente sintoamplificador para uso hogareño y para pequeñas fiestas

Purchased At:   Digital Montevideo

Submitted by Dave May a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 24, 2001

Bottom Line:
I got this amp at best buy for 30 bucks off (open box my favorite). It was missing the remote, but i found out later that that's one of the collest parts. It's got a motorized volume control! Oh well, so I missed out on the volume control.

Anyways, I combined this amp with some Yamaha NS-A638's. This amp really kicks. Overall I spent about $200 on this system after wires ect, and it is no question the best home stereo I have ever heard costing less than $1000 trust me!

Purchased At:   Best Buy