Technics SA-DX930 A/V Receivers

3.43/5 (184 Reviews) MSRP : $400.00

DolbyDigital / DTS / 5x100 Watts

Submitted by elijah waweru a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 6, 2012

Bottom Line:
well i bought the system an year ago .am a sound technician .it does fine very fine .even .on dts .but you have to set your reciever or dvd to digital then use a coaxial or digital cable for your input.also confiem ttat the dvd or the source is ni dts 3.2.1 format(dolby

Submitted by jbscpa a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 11, 2011

Bottom Line:
Just acquired a set of Magnepan Magneplanar MG-2.5/R speakers.

I found this Technics SA-DX930 AV Control Stereo Receiver at an estate sale for $15.00

I am BLOWN AWAY by the quality of the sound.

Highs, mids and lows are crisp, clear and life-like.

I now know what it is like to set-up a true "sound stage" for listening.

NOTE:
The MG-2.5/R speakers 5 ohm. The SA-DX930 should be set to "low imp" when "even one of the speakers being used has an impedance under 8 ohm." (Operating instructions manual page 19)

Submitted by Gord a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 21, 2010

Bottom Line:
I've had this receiver for 12yrs now.When I first got it it ran hot and quit. Got it fixed under warranty, that was 10yrs ago and ran great ever since. I love it. I've done several weddings and gatherings and it worked fine. Lots of power.dts works fine on mine.

Submitted by flynavy a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 26, 2004

Bottom Line:
Great power and sound for the price. Bought it on a whim, with plans to put it in the bedroom but found it had better sound and power than my Pioneer (VSX-D409). It runs hot, but the fan comes on above 20% and cools quickly. I found the same problem as the previous review with the DTS, I run Satellite tv through it with numerous digital channels and can't get the DTS to put sound out (may be the satellite receiver). the many variants of surround are worthless, just use the normal surround mode, it works great. I have Yamaha fronts, bose rears. the remote could be better, but overall great value and no problems for the last 5 yrs. If anyone knows what the deal with the DTS is feel free to e-mail me. I also run a Technics SL-MC7 multi CD player through it, and the sound is phenominal even through cheap Yamahas. I find that Technics products get along better with each other than with different brands. Too bad Technics doesnt make decent speakers.

Purchased At:   military exchange

Submitted by Gary a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: December 11, 2003

Bottom Line:
I find the sytems works well and produces agreat sound for my home therater syatem, at least up until yesterday.

I received the Eagles: Hell Freezes Over" DVD and I tried to play in DTS asit recommends and guess what no sound. Anyone got any suggestions or have any ideas what can be wrong? I tried DTS before with a couple of DVD movies and I got no sound and I never bothered with checking out until now. I just figured one of my conponenets was not capabale of producing this sound source. I have the SA-DX930 and I have Panasonic DVD player(can't recall Model Number) with built in DTS decoding, coax and didgital outputs. I purchased in 2000. For sound source I have the Bose Series II Acoustimass I am a casual user and no expert, hope someone can help.

Is it the fuse thing everyone is talking about?

FGH 26: