Technics SA-DA8 5.1 Channels Receiver A/V Receivers

Fully loaded and designed to handle today's and tomorrow's multi channel A/V sources, the SA-DA8 is your (surprisingly affordable!) ticket to cutting-edge digital entertainment. To accommodate the wide dynamic range of sources like DVD-Audio, Technics combines VGCA (Variable Gain Control Amplification) and MOS-FET technologies to deliver an astounding 113 dB signal-to-noise ratio and stereo frequency response up to 100, 000 Hz! "TA-KE" capacitors utilize a bamboo fiber separator for low-distortion, natural sound. This receiver pours on the power (100 watts x 5 channels), processing (Dolby Digital, DTS, Dolby Pro Logic, 5 DSP soundfields), and hookup versatility. You get three optical inputs for your digital sources, and two S-video inputs for high-resolution video sources. An anti-resonant aluminum front panel helps keep your audio pure. The remote provides Panasonic DVD and multi brand TV/VCR control.

Submitted by Lee a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 7, 2011

Bottom Line:
I just got this to actually sell, but after hearing it I am not to sure I want to. I paid 40.00 bones for it and thought I would just turn it for some profit. Well I am not sure, I might keep it for a 2 channel music system since the thing sounds so good(better than my Pionner elite receiver when it comes to music). It does not compare with the elite for movies but WOW music sounds dam good.I did some research before I bought it and anything with bamboo fibers built into the out put stage sounded weird but cool to me so I went and got it. Came home and hooked her up and well ,nice. I would recommend if you can't afford seprates give this a try you won't be dissapionted.

Submitted by Old Rusty a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 19, 2010

Bottom Line:
I've used this amp for home theater with good results. However, if you really want this amp to shine, run this baby in analog stereo & kick in the VGCA mode. Unreal for vinyl records & CDs with sound quality that has to be heard to be believed.

Award-Winning Axiom: