Technics SA-AX710 A/V Receivers

3.27/5 (26 Reviews) MSRP : $400.00

(See reviews)

Submitted by Rich a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: July 24, 2013

Bottom Line:
Have been using the unit for many years without problem. However, it now won't power up. Any similar experiences? How to fix?

Submitted by WILLLIAM a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 17, 2010

Bottom Line:
Im VERY HAPPY BUT MY NAEIGHBORS are not ive had the cops at my house for just watching a movie my closes naeighbors 500 feet yes im very happy with it im not saying to turn it up ok yes im my technicsSA-AX710 IT ROCKS MY HOUSE AND ITS GREAT FOR WHEN YOUR GIRLS MAD CAUSE I CANT HEAR HER WHEN ITS HALF WAY UP IT MAKS IT LOOK LIKE SHE SINGING INSTEAD OF YELLING

Submitted by JME476 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 23, 2004

Bottom Line:
Okay, I had to put in a postive note for this receiver. Though I do not own the AX710, I own it's little brother, the AX610. I believe that all that is different is the remote control. One is universal, one is not. I must say I have not one bad thing to say about this receiver. It's been reliable, powerful, and sounds as good as it ever did. I bought this receiver based on my previous experience with Panasonic/Technics products. I purchased this to replace my first surround receiver, the Technics SA-GX550 that I had purchased four years. (I dropped on its face, so needless to say it was toast). Everything about the 610 (710) was better! The power output is powerful, the bass is phenominal (gotta love that loudness switch, and my receiver has none of that noise the other reviewers were talking about in Dolby Surround mode. And yes, I admit the fact this receiver doesn't have digital decoder is annoying, but I solved that problem by buying a DVD player with decorders built in.
After six years of moderate use, this baby keeps on churning out good sounds whether it be in 2 channel or multi channel. I'm not one for the extra sound field settings, but they work well. Yes, the receiver does run warm, but after owning two other Technics receivers, I just assumed that they do run warm. It never is too hot to touch, and the fan kicks on at higher volumes. The unit has never overloaded, even when I was using it at a small party. The remote control is a joke however. It is nice laid out, but is a pain to use. I'd just like to try to find a good workhorse like this TODAY for this price. I hope it never dies.

Purchased At:   Best Buy

Submitted by Shane Khan a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 22, 2003

Bottom Line:
I've not had the amp for long but i found it to be one of the best around but had a DIGITAL SOUND PROCESSER & the amp turns in tosomething very specal inded

Purchased At:   Friend

Submitted by david smith a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 6, 2002

Bottom Line:
i was just curious if anyone had over come thie hissing problem from the
sa-ax710. i've had the reciver for some time now, and never had the 5 channels hooked up. recently, i hooked them up and got very hissy sound and a weak signal from the rears.

TARA LABS: