Technics SA-AX530 A/V Receivers

4.11/5 (19 Reviews) MSRP : $250.00

Surround Sound Receiver

Submitted by Boricuarx7 a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: April 25, 2010

Bottom Line:
I've had the unit,along with the SH-AC300 digital sound processor, (which had a $100 rebate at the time Brandsmart). I bought this new, same year it came out. Still have the remotes for both. Running JBL front's and center and KLH surrounds. Also a powered Cerwin-Vega sub. Most people are still amazed at the sound from this humble ($$) set up. I use every weekend for movie viewing (digital sound) and am considering upgrading to an Onkyo reviewer for the TruHD sound. I now have a 60" Mitsu. DLP and use the PS3 for lots of gaming (yes.. Mod. Warf. 2) and Blu-ray. I have been very content with this product and if it were not having TruHD I would not be looking for another. I faithfully stand behind Technics /Panasonic products.

Submitted by Franz a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 24, 2009

Bottom Line:
I'm always picking up receivers and amps at garage sales for 10 or 20 or 30 bucks. Gone through several Sonys, a couple JVCs and a Sherwood. I don't remember all the model numbers I've had, but this is by far the best so far. First of all, it drives my garage sale purchased JBL940s just fine. The back of this receiver says 270 Watts. I listen to a lot of classical music with soft passages, this receiver has the power to keep those passages from dying. I can attest as well that Bob Marley comes through crystal clear from top to bottom with this receiver as well. When my son and I watched Star Wars using this receiver, I was well pleased with the "Theater" surround sound function. The receiver gave the Star Wars special effects sounds plenty of punch.

I'm almost embarrassed to say I picked this up for a measly 10 dollars. It could have been sold for 75.00!!

Submitted by avmike89 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 1, 2009

Bottom Line:
I bought this reciever a few months ago as a cheap short term reciever to aid my tv speakers, but I have fallen in love with the sound of this receiver! I have tried many different receivers to power my Polk Monitor 70's but they all end up back at the store! I even brought my receiver to a friends house to use with his B&W towers and the technics still beat out his onkyo txsr805! The lack of digital inputs does get annoying but I solved that problem by picking up a Yamaha digital processor and the sound is even better! I would recommend this reciever to any audiophile on a budget...not everyone has the cash to pick up the best of everything...but this little wonder that I picked up for $25 is easily worth much more than that!

Submitted by Jeff a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 26, 2002

Bottom Line:
Well seeing as I have had this for over three years and never had a problem I would say this was well worth $140. I use it probably at least three hours a day for music, movie and video games. It still sounds good, so good in fact many times I have gone out to buy a new reciever and came back home empty handed because nothing was so beyond this that I could rationalize spending the money. I do wish it was digital and I wish it had more inputs, but at the time digital was still catching on.
My Systerm
JBL S 38's
JBL S-center
Jbl N 24 (rear)
JBL PB 10
Technics PD 888 changer(I think this will outlive me)
Panasonic CV 50 DVD

Purchased At:   Circuit City

Submitted by Salud Almaguel a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 4, 2002

Bottom Line:
I have enjoyed my entertainment center without any problems. However, my remote control for the system is very hard to find. This is the only complaint I have. There is no store that can be found that carry any items from Technic.

I need a new remote that can work properly. If you can please direct me in the right direction, I would be most appreciative for your help.

Purchased At:   RAC