TEAC AV-8900 A/V Receivers

4.35/5 (23 Reviews) MSRP : $249.00

DD/DTS receiver

Submitted by lysergik27 a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: October 31, 2002

Bottom Line:
Love it, Oh, except for the bass just quitting on me, the fuses blew, and each time I turn the bass on, whether or not its hooked up to the TEAC makes no difference, the fuses will blow

Purchased At:   Sams Club

Submitted by I_HAVE_NONE a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 22, 2002

Bottom Line:
Good quality, cheap, meets the needs of any normal human.

Submitted by funko a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 8, 2002

Bottom Line:
With a decent subwoofer, not a cheapie no name, this unnit puts out bass with room to spare, the sub level can also be controlled through teh reciever to recieve a huge boost. That has been my experience. The reciever is a great value, it puts out enough power to fill my modest living room comfortably. It has the full range of inputs and outputs. Sounds great with a nice set of speakers...Get it!

Purchased At:   ubid

Submitted by Klev7 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 11, 2002

Bottom Line:
This is a follow up review. I am responding to the complaints regarding low bass output n the AG-D8900 receiver.
I believe my receiver is one in the same as the AV8900 by Teac. I only question this due to the fact that I cannot relate to the postings regarding poor bass output. As I stated in my original review, I do run Cerwin Vegas with 10in woofers. Not huge by any means yet large compared to many of todays floor speakers. I would suggest leaving the "superbass" feature ON and the "night mode" OFF under all circumstances. The superbass can also be adjusted to varying degrees of DB output. In worst case, I would suggest a seperate equalizer to tweak those low end frequencies. If you run only puny bookshelf speakers with this unit and expect deep bass, forget it. I hope this helps those who are presently disappointed. My walls continue to shake :o)

Purchased At:   BJs

Submitted by Peter M a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: July 22, 2002

Bottom Line:
I just couldn't resist the price tag on this unit. It seemed to have all the features I was looking for and at a price that was less than my subwoofer!

I've used it for a while now and I'm happy with its capabilities. I've got it hitched up with matched Infinity speakers an a 200 watt subwoofer for a true 5.1 setup. All in all, I can't help but to recommend it at this price.

Purchased At:   BJ's Wholesale