Sony STR-DE1075 A/V Receivers

4.33/5 (3 Reviews) MSRP : $399.00

Submitted by Pete a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: August 8, 2002

Bottom Line:
so far, so good.

Submitted by kunpruk a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 1, 2002

Bottom Line:
Incredible sound in a simple look.
I match this receiver with JBL N-38, Bose center+surround, JBL sub, making a quick under $1000 system. The receiver 6.1 feature and more than 10 sound field provide wide range of stuffs to play around with. In its stereo mode for cds, it gives very clear undistorded Jazz and also heavy powerful Rock. Reall impressive.

Purchased At:   Bestbuy

Submitted by Mike a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 15, 2002

Bottom Line:
This is my first receiver purchase and I have to say that I am pleased as of the first week of owning the unit. I have all Sony products (TV, DVD and VHS) and the Boston Acoustics 9000 II speaker set. All cables are Monster XP and flatwire (surrounds) The sound is decent for the price paid. I know that the "ES" series sounds about 10 to 15 percent better but in my mind isn't worth the extra clams. It's a solid unit for those on a budget. Even my buddy who swears by his Denon system with Klipsch speakers (and actually helped me setup) was impressed and was questioning whether or not his setup was worth three times the money of what I spent. As of this review, I have yet to acquire a rear center channel speaker to explore the Dolby 6.1 capabilities but the unit does 5.1 with exceptional realism and clairity across the spectrum.

Purchased At:   Circuit City