Sherwood RX 4103 Dolby Pro Logic A/V Receivers

3.2/5 (5 Reviews)

There's watching ""the tube"" and then there's ""home theater."" You want the excitement and emotional involvement surround sound adds to movies and to your favorite television shows, and you want it in your home. You want great sound and the latest technology, but you don't want to turn your family space into a hi-fi showroom filled with racks of equipment. And you don't want to own gear so difficult to use, you'd be afraid to turn it on. Most importantly, you don't want your new home theater to break the bank. With an impressive line-up of seven value packed, easy to use multi-channel receivers, there's an affordable Sherwood that meets your particular listening needs.

Submitted by keith a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 26, 2006

Bottom Line:
Everytime I turn this receiver on , it turns off automatically....go figure.

Purchased At:   79

Submitted by tjb49 a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: April 4, 2003

Bottom Line:
I think it wise to confess right off that I'm one of those lunatic vinyl/ Vacuum tube audiophiles, who thinks nothing of spending $600 for a meter of phono cables. After years of doing this, I've come to some very basic conclusions.....simplicity is the key! This "SIMPLE" Sherwood 2 channel receiver weighs in at a whopping 21 lbs. That tells you that it has a very beefy power transformer. This is a GOOD thing. It does not complicate things with 5.1 channels. This is a GOOD thing. I've listened to so many audio systems with flat frequencies throughout the audio spectrum (Another GOOD thing)that I instantly recognized the same sonic signature in this little model. There IS bass......it's just not bloated with a bass boost option!

Submitted by MaxxC a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 4, 2003

Bottom Line:
Bought one of these for my 14 year old son's first stereo system last Christmas. The majority of Sherwood's products offer excellent bang for the buck and this one is no different.

I heard no audible difference between this unit and the Sony or Technics receivers which generally sell for around double the price that I paid.

105 watts per channel for $69! Thats a value in my book.

Purchased At:   CircutCity

Submitted by al cad a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: January 12, 2003

Bottom Line:
The system is good for what its intentioned for, radio broadcast. The good thing is that is could pick up pretty faint signals with a properly set up antanae. I have this hooked up to my TV set and I get great sound. I like it. It has enough power to let me hear everything and if you place speakers strategecally around the theater room its pretty good. The cons are that im trying to set up a universal remote to it and cant find the code for it. so if you plan to use one control for all your stuff, well i doubt youll get it working.

Purchased At:   mom and pop store

Submitted by pedit a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: June 4, 2002

Bottom Line:
I purchased this because I wanted a very cheap receiver for my den. I have my main A/V expensive system for my family room. I thought it was a good buy considering the price. I had it hooked up to a pair of Bose 100's and it sounded very tinty. Hardly any bass and too much treble. Unit lacks Mid range. I notced a much better deal for a Pioneer A/V (even though I didn't need it) on Ebay and took the Sherwood back to the store. This unit would be great for a starter stereo for a young teen or college dorm student.

Purchased At:   Circuit City