ROTEL RSX-1067 A/V Receivers

4.33/5 (6 Reviews) MSRP : $2199.00

100 watts x 7 into 8 ohms, 120 watts x 2 into 8 ohms, Dolby Digital, Dolby EX, Dolby Pro-Logic II, DTS, DTS ES, DTS ES Discrete, DTS Neo 6, HDCD, MP3, assignable digital inputs x 5 (3 coaxial, 2 toslink), analog inputs x 7 (cd, tape, video 1-5) plus 7.1 channel input, HD component video inputs x 3, video transcoding, independent multi-room/multi-source with composite video, RS-232 interface, 12V trigger x 3, RR-1050 learning remote control, removeable power cord

Submitted by Lance a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: June 20, 2011

Bottom Line:
Still use this receiver today, absolutely stunning sound with two channel listening on my JM Lab Daline 6 running full range, and can power almost any speakers in home theater applications as well. dont think ill be upgrading for some time because receivers just arent made this good anymore unless your spending over $4000.00, definitely worth 5 stars would give it 10 in a heartbeat, EXCELLENT!! A+++

Submitted by trek_doc a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: September 13, 2008

Bottom Line:
I am using this unit to drive a 5.1 system consisting of BW M series front speakers combined with in wall center and rear and BW sub. I purchased this in October of 2007 but have only used this for about 7 months. The unit offers excellent sound reproduction that is especially noticeable with operatic pieces

Purchased At:   Ensemble, Nashua

Submitted by gruss72 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 22, 2007

Bottom Line:
I love it!
Hearing things I've never heard before in cd's I've had for years. Detail, speed. Easily comparable to many "separate" systems I've heard for more $ at modest volumes, driving semi-efficient speakers.

If you've been looking to upgrade NOW is the time, I think the next gen is coming out with HDMI switching so you can get a good price on this one with "only" component switching. Oh yeah the up conversion from composite and s-vid works fine.

Purchased At:   Jamieson's audio vid

Submitted by Rotel Fan a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 2, 2006

Bottom Line:
I bought this reciever to drive a full set of BW XTseries speakers XT2,XT4,XTC andPV1. The reciever does have very good sound fidelity although it is a little bright, the brightness, however, does not apply to Bypass mode where the sound is flawless. The surround performance is also excellent with good dynamics and excellent directionality. The setup utilizing the OSD is excellent. The tuner portion is also above reproach. I particularly relish the 5 channel stereo surround mode, it truly works and is superbly "musical".
Unfortunately it does suffer from a noticeable hum when not in bypass mode (thus due to the surround circuitry) I went as far as to buy a very expensive power conditioning system from belkin (proven by me during the buying process to filter better than the monster line system by monster's own noise measurement device!) to no avail. Part of the blame in my opinion, is that the receiver simply does not offer enough power to drive the XT4 to acceptable listening levels without cranking up the volume to no less than the mid position. My listening room happens to be a rather large (about 3500 cu ft).
In addition, enthusiastic sound levels (90db or so), quickly activate the internal fans and the protection circuitry. I do not fault the receiver for this since the XT4's are known to be a superbly difficult load. I have thus ordered Rotel separates to replace it, the RSP 1068 and RMB1095
In conclusion, a very good receiver with very good sound for both music and surround, but truly not a centerpiece for an audiophile level music system.

Purchased At:   Sound world, appleto

Submitted by marinoji a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: March 27, 2005

Bottom Line:
OK - I know I am a Bigot with McIntosh and only separates-is there any other way? So I dive right in because I am impressed with a Rotel amp I bought recently and thought Id take a spin on a receiver for a change with 7 channels and use my two channel for the other rooms giving me 100 Watts times nine...cool sooo it comes in a box and I gingerly reach down to pick it up and oops - this isnt gonna be easy- reminds me of unpacking a MAC - blue meters , glass front that cracks if you look at it wrong.. Oh well,I digress. Lifting it out of the box I see a beautifully sculptured finish and those heat sinks are awesome- My wife even said it was "pretty " silver face and all. So I open the owners manual and can you believe it- they actually had a picture of the front and Back and suggested wires connected to various other devices... easy stuff. That done- I turn it on,..Babang babing- my monster cable power conditioner clicks and the lights dim and wow we are in business... No, not so fast- sounds weak when I put in a Tony Braxton CD - something must be wrong... so I go to page 8... Awww - says to Push Menu on remote and see OSD - so I do and nothing comes up on the TV but lines... Gees now what did I do?? So its saturday and noones at Rotel- but I call anyway- Ill wait till monday to get a call back. The Phone answers and some night guard answers that just so happens to own one of these and works for Rotel as an engineer.. OH OK - so Yes I have a progressive scan TV and no I hooked it up with componenet wires for best picture and OH I forgot to put a composite wire in to just do set up to get to a screen to turn "ON" progressive . NICE !! Rotel didnt mention that. OH well thanks- and said goodbye. Nice guy and helpful., so I guess I better read every line of this manual and I do. Two hours later everything is set up and ready to go... Manual was great and well written, But an Engineer like me never did this before.. I usually just plug it in.. Well - times change and now Im testing a Receiver I bought and it doesnt have meters. Ofcourse I should mention that the last Mac I bought had three blue meters and at "Max" it blew my fronts out !! Cost me 400.00 to replace the MIDS. Anyway.. Rotel has this cool speaker set up that gives ALL of the Bass to the sub by configuring "small" on all 7 speakers... "Small" meaning High range with 100KHZ or 80MHZ crossover- you can even send it all to the SUB if you choose and let its crossover filter out the highs- either way- it puts less stress on your expensive fronts. I didnt use a tone meter for sound level just my ears, because Rotel lets you listen to the tone on EVERY speaker and adjust the DB levels. It also asks you how fay away are each speaker from your theater chair for true contour. Awsome set up. So I listen to Tony Braxton again and yank it up- cause you know You'll get distortion cranked up with only 100 Watts per speaker right?? Wrong - My ears wouldnt alow any more sound - not to mention the neighbors. OK , the music works on surround and I put it on two channel - neat little button on the front panel lets you bypass all the circuitry and just play the CD as the sound engineer intended. No complaints here- sounded just like my MAC ( sorry - I had to say that )... Lets see if the surround sound does any good with this triple X movie with all that shooting and blow up stuff... Lets put it to the test - I walk to the back of my theater to test the remote for distance- push play on the DVD player and wait patiently for some sound to come up and I forward the dvd to some action. I hear a gunshot from behind me and being a Vietnam VET - I duck..really- I hit the deck---Awesome- Its the movie you Jerk !!!!I open my mouth and I say- Honey come in here - we just traded our 10,000 $$ of McIntosh amp, tuner, sound processor and pretty blue meters for this little dinkky 1900.00 $$ receiver. Listen to this and she high fives me and goes out shopping! One test left and I will be convinced- HDTV on my new SONY LCD - one set of component wires coming from the Rotel 1067 to the TV and it's just flawless in execution- I was a bit awkward finding the right Video button to test out the Cindy LOPER DVD video- But when I found it- I expanded and zoomed and the picture was perfect, the sound was in each of seven speakers and with 100 Watts each - the applause from the audience in the back row could be heard. So My wife pours me a wine and we sit next to each other and sing-along with Cindy- we are in the theater with her and we cant stop - so a bottle later, folks ,I am convinced - you cant do better than this at any price..MAC, MARK,Carver,Classe or not - Go shopping with whats left over and maybe a Used BMW is the way to go. You dont miss the meters; believe me. And Oh - dont forget to follow every direction,even the spacing in the cabinet.This Killer cooks in more ways than one, but who cares- Its a dream come true- and my whole house is filled with Rotel now with Mercedes in drive

Purchased At:   e-bay