ROTEL RSX-1065 A/V Receivers

4.93/5 (14 Reviews)

DTS, Dolby Digital, Dolby surround receiver

Submitted by winhansse1 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 20, 2013

Bottom Line:
Sorry. From last post, I got wrong click to 4 stars at overall rating but actually was wanted give 5 stars. My bad hope won't effect the good rating.

Submitted by winhansse a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 20, 2013

Bottom Line:
I got used one off from ebay and very fortunate to just paid under $250 with excellent condition, wow,what a steal. I know price was declining and it's main reason is do not have HDMI input/output connection and not 7,1 that's why. If it have HDMI, price won't be go that low consider the build and sound quality from reputable brand.
I have blue ray that have HDMI and digital optical output so I don't need HDMI for surround sound, I just need optical for surround and RCA cable for music that's all I was looking for.
What I like about this amp is it doesn't require very expensive speakers to sound excellent, with my KEF Q15 and energy 5 speakers and good speakers cable, it really thrilled me to watch action movies and this amp just make me feel all the action happen around me because sound are so realistic, clear and powerful when it need to be. The pre-amp out are definitely plus for adding extra sub or make it 7.1 system sound however 5.1 is already enough to fill my room, may be one more sub when I move to bigger house.
For music, I listen all kind of music from CD & Pandora through my Blue ray player and it's all round entertaining from one box which I can enjoy at least another 10 years to come even it already 10 years old amp.
For the size, it just look so nice with the gorgeous and timeless design that I won't get tired for awhile. Even it something go wrong when aged I will find a professional to repair, hope it won't happen. I can't say how newer products will perform over this amp, may be a little better but won't a lot different for sure I guess. If you can get it around $400 with working condition I would recommend to anyone.

Submitted by Mario Casasola a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: November 1, 2003

Bottom Line:
I've owned the RSX-1065 reciver for nearly 18 months and I'm absolutely satisfied with it. Stereo sound is superb, with great image and soundstage. Pro Logic II has an onscreen menu for fine calibration. It has also other DSP modes, but there's no need to use them because listening to music in Stereo and Pro Logic II is all you will need. When switched to Home Theater you'll have no complain about it, specially in DTS mode. It's simply a great product with no need for extra things, just the basic ones but in good quality. Software is upgradable. Whatever your speaker system, you'll get the best sound of it with this A/V reciver.

Submitted by Jim a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: August 3, 2003

Bottom Line:
I love it ! Replaced an old Yamaha reciever.Like the looks, sound , top notch

Purchased At:   Audio Den

Submitted by frankaudio a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 22, 2003

Bottom Line:
I originally planned on replacing my Def Tech speakers with B&W's; however my salesman @ Home Theater Store demonstrated the Rotel 1065 using the same speaker set up that I have and what a clear improvement in the quality sound from the same set of speakers. I was impressed and procured the 1065. I have not been dissapointed, the quality of sound in both theater & stereo music modes are crisp and clean. Even my wife had to admit that the sound quality from my previous AVR was highly improved.

Purchased At:   Home Theater Store