ROTEL RSX-1055 A/V Receivers

4.39/5 (28 Reviews)

DTS, Dolby Digital, Dolby surround receiver

Submitted by Arturc76 a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: November 17, 2009

Bottom Line:
In this category...Great Amp.better als Denon,Sony,Yamaha, Harman etc in his price.Enough power.many pre-outs like Central 1/2 and Central back 1/2 !!!!

Submitted by Jack Choi a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: May 19, 2006

Bottom Line:
It's very good for AV. it's incomparable than any other brand. Also it distribute lots of funtion whaic is audio condition via monitor.

Price Paid:    $2000.00

Purchased At:   USA

Submitted by FreeBrick a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 30, 2005

Bottom Line:
A fantastic piece of gear for the price. What matters to me more than anything is sound quality and this one offers more than anything I've ever heard in this price range. Even the NAD's (T752, T762) I've heard in the same price range had to give in. NAD's are always less plastic sounding and more real sounding than many of the japanese brands, Onkyo, Denon, Pioneer, Yamaha etc.

This ones gives life, transparency, dimensionality to almost any speaker as long as you give it proper cables and a source, a good CD or DVD player. It does wonders with classical, jazz and soft pop which is what I listened to most so far. But being a producer of electronic music I look forward to drive the JM Lab speakers properly on harsh sounding material, so far the Rotel did not scare me. It realistically reproduces sounds as it should, not colouring any aspects of it. I love it!

In 5ch mode for video it's excellent as well, the sound is sharp and good but not TOO sharp in treble and mid range. I think it sounds very very soft, yet still natural like the best NAD's.

Purchased At:   Private

Submitted by redracer a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 31, 2004

Bottom Line:
This dude down below needs to get his wax cleaned of his ears since he settled for a NAD(pos. If you cant tweak your Rotel that means your as stupid as you think. DUDE Rotel is one of the most user friendly product. Next time put your frustrations on the salesman that sold you a lemon. Not all electronics work perfect out of the box, maybe you salesman duped you into getting something used or a return, as you were assuming that you are stupid yourself you fell for it.I would consider you an amateur when it comes to tweaking stuff, don't choke your chicken too much. Rotel is a great product.

Submitted by Yabetcha a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 29, 2004

Bottom Line:
Referring to the previous reviewer who attempted to make a point regarding my review of the Rotel BY USING ALL CAPS. What, does all caps mean you are yelling or did your caps lock button get stuck?

Nevertheless, why indeed did I purchase this unit without doing more listening? Well, I made the mistake of trusting this dealer, whom I had dealt with before in confidence prior to their morph into what they are now - a shop that caters to the rich and ignores the working class audiophile.

After buying the unit, I noticed the post-listening headache it gave me was shared by many reviewers I researched post-sale. And dont get me started on the human engineering aspects of the unit.

So, as I stated in my original review the Rotel is bright, non-musical sounding and a pain in the butt to use. Oh yeah, and the dealer was just the icing on a really bad tasting cake.

It is my opinion that the use of all caps text in a review on this website, as well as this dealer and Rotel in general, should be avoided like the plague.

Thanks for listening.