Pioneer VSX D607S A/V Receivers

4.05/5 (22 Reviews) MSRP : $600.00

Submitted by mg196 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 17, 2004

Bottom Line:
After doing a bit of research I purchased this for a pittance, $80 on Ebay. Yeah, it came w/out the remote, but I was able to pick that up for $90 from on online dealer. So all told, this baby cost me less than $200.

This has been the perfect addition to my home theater. I have a VCR, turntable, PS2, TV, DVD, and cassette player running into this and have never had a problem in terms of handling-power. I find myself using only a fraction of its total features, but that's a plus in my book - leaves room to expand the possibilities at a later date.

It sounds wonderful, whether its pumping out my mom's old CSN&Y LP's or the crushing DVD brilliance of the Matrix. No, it does NOT have DTS, but the Pro Logic is fine for me right now. Remember, this IS an older machine.

For the cost, this receiver is at the top of its class. It outplays many of the more expensive rival brands and holds its own against the others. It is a tremendous bargain and well worth the search!

Purchased At:   Ebay

Submitted by kicker91 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 1, 2002

Bottom Line:
Great reciever sounds great LOVE IT! With the broad base of differing music styles that I choose to listen to, at first I was rather concerned as to the quality, dependibility and clarity of an older reciever. I was shockingly surprised as to the quality, construction and clarity.
overall I rate this product better then even many onkyo systems on the market as of today.It comes supplied with more wattage then could ever be sainly put to use. Over all this product is more then capable of reproducing any and all frequencies that are within the human range. This reciever makes any music sound simply delightful, from Bach to Vilvaldi to modern music such as Out of Eden, One Nation Crew just a few to name a very few. I am rather pleased with this reciever. Especialy considering how much I saved, I was told that this particular piece costs upwards of six hundered dollars.

Purchased At:   Best Buy ( name says

Submitted by cliff noneofyourbuisness a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 13, 2002

Bottom Line:
not bad but far from good

Purchased At:   vision

Submitted by K. Smith a

Date Reviewed: August 16, 2001

Bottom Line:
This truly is a spectacular receiver. I have a cheaper samsung dvd player and with the flawless dolby digital decoding it makes it sound like a movie theater. I have not had one single problem with it. This is a perfect lower cost home theater system for someone who doesnt want to sacrifice good sound and still not spend too much.

Submitted by Steve ten Have a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: July 31, 2001

Bottom Line:
Overall a great receiver. I have my minidisk, DVD/CD player, VCR, turntable and Playstation plugged through it. I have the video out plugged into a Sony 29" flat screen digital and the speakers are 2x JBL Northridge 310's (250watts ea) and the surround speakers are all Sony component speakers (80 watts ea) also a 20 watt super woofer (Sony). The sound is brilliant, the picture is brilliant and the controls are easy enough that even the most gross simpleton could use them.
Now, obviously the receiver was never designed to push a set of 250 watt speakers and after one crank session the transformer has shown why. MELTDOWN!!! My one and only real complaint about this receiver is the lack of internal fan.
Conclusion - a fantastic package at a fantastic cost!!!

FGH 26: