Pioneer VSX 609RDS Receiver A/V Receivers

3.4/5 (5 Reviews)

This VSX-609RDS audio/video amplifier with built-in RDS tuner incorporates Dolby Digital surround sound and DTS superior sound localisation. It also features 5.1 channel input for multi-channel audio.

Submitted by Hans van Eerts a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: August 27, 2002

Bottom Line:
What a waste

The DSP sounds are terrible. I stopped listning to music

I sold it fast

I called customer service of Pioneer a couple of times but they wouldn't help me

Purchased At:   Hi electronics

Submitted by AkY a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 15, 2002

Bottom Line:
I don't know either what echos do you guys hear. The only echo I ever heard is when I turn DSP effect ON. But usualy it's off, and no echos then...

I must say this is my first A/V receiver, and it's great for the monney I paid. It has many functions, preaty power, and it's not very hot even if I'm listening very loud.

I have had it for year and a half now, and it still impreses me sometimes. But i will buy new stuff in a year, more expensive and I hope better too:)

I'm using Pioneers set of speakers, 5 * 80W + 110W active subwoofer. They passes nice together.

There's a great remote packed with it, and this is very unusual :)

It's Great value for the money, if you don't want to pay more for A/V receiver.

Purchased At:   Audion - Slovenia

Submitted by Willem-Jan Geboers a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 28, 2002

Bottom Line:
i understand what the other people are saying about the "echo"..but that's just one of those wacky effects....turn off the DSP and all those other nasty (pro logic) effects too. THEY ALL SUCK...

and i don't know what's the deal with the "bad" sound 'cuz i have no complaints.. maybe it's the speakers they are using .. i don't know.. i have 2 jamo front speakers and im looking for some nice surround / center speakers.. (now i use a couple of cheapass X-brand speakers)

but still.,: works fine!

the dolby digital rules too! (matrix/the cell/jurrassic park 1&2 etc!) and i haven't even tried DTS yet(have no DTS compatible DVD';s)

good buy~!

Purchased At:   Marktplaats.nl

Submitted by Andre ter Weele a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 22, 2001

Bottom Line:
Everything, what a waste. The sound is terrible. Movies with DD and DTS are reasonable but the rest is very bad very very bad. Strange echoes goes around the room. If you hate music buy this receiver. You better spent your money on something else. I don't understand why a manufacturer like Pioneer fabricates this kind of rubbish.
The music sound horrible, no clear sound and always this strange back noices. I brought it back to the store after one day and got another one, but the problem remained.
So after one month changed it. I will never ever buy something from pioneer again

Purchased At:   FABRO Middelburg

Submitted by John van Waarde a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 19, 2001

Bottom Line:
This was the worst buy I ever made
The sound of radio/cd is very very bad. As if some strange echoes wonder around the room. I wanted to bring it back after two weeks but the shop did not take it back.
So I sold it to a poor basterd on e-bay

Went to Yamaha and am happy again

Purchased At:   Its the Netherlands