Pioneer VSX-26TX A/V Receivers

3.97/5 (146 Reviews) MSRP : $1200.00

A/V receiver - DTS,THX - Crystal 24-bit A/D Converters - Motorola 24-bit Digital Signal Processor - Burr Brown 96k / 24-bit D/A Converters - 4 Digital Inputs and 1 Digital Output - 5 Audio Inputs - 5 Audio/Video Inputs - S-Video Switching

Submitted by igipop a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 10, 2008

Bottom Line:
I just wanted to add another good review for Sybesma's Electronics. My VSX-29TX developed the same no sound problem after 6 yrs and before I seen these posts I was getting depressed about having to toss it due to local shop's fix estimate. I called Sybesma's, instructions to remove the DSP board were clear and I removed the board on Tuesday night, shipped the board off to them the next morning USPS, it actually got there on Friday (that is the day they solder these boards) and by the time I called them on Friday it was already fixed. I asked to pay by credit card so they would ship it to me the same day instead of waiting for the check to clear. The total charge was $58 and their packaging was very professional and I got the board back in the receiver on Tuesday night, exaclty one week after I took it out. That was better turn around time than if i took the whole receiver to my local shop! Just be patient and take your time disassembling and putting it all together and all you need is a long screwdriver. A couple ribbons to disconnect and pop the board of the main board carefully. There are more complete instructions in one of the reviews here.

Kudos to Sybesma's, the receiver works like before, and we'll see for how long. Thanks to this board for this info.

Purchased At:   locally

Submitted by temlock a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 4, 2007

Bottom Line:
Also a victim of Pioneer's defective DSP board soldering, but I recently had it repaired by Sybesma for $57.85. I was considering buying a new AV receiver with HDMI switching for my HD Tuner and upconverting DVD player to the one DVI input on my HDTV, but the prices stopped me. I figured I might as well try having it fixed and it is as good as new. I then bought an auto-switching 4 port HDMI switch from Octava for $274. I was even able to get the Pioneer Remote to learn the DVD player, HDTV and HD tuner controls, and create macros on it. Now my wife can watch a DVD without having to have me set everything up. Happy camper!

Submitted by Rayhk41 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 17, 2007

Bottom Line:
very nice for the price no sound after 3 months but i bought it used i plan on pulling the DSP board and send it out for repair.called Sybesma's Electronics in Michigan (800)456-4265. thay said thay could fix it no problem for about $50.00

Submitted by recoveryone a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 30, 2006

Bottom Line:
After six years of great sound and service my 26TX failed to the no sound bug, I can only blame myself for I placed an item on top of the unit cutting off the air flow, but from the great reviewers here on this site, I plan on pulling the DSP board and send it out for repair. I went ahead and picked up a new VSX-81TX for the main system, I plan on giving this trusted friend to my son for his new apartment. I will instruct him on the value of letting this unit get plenty of air. This is still a great unit and it can hold its own with the newer 81TX.

Purchased At:   ubid

Submitted by poortoad a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: May 15, 2005

Bottom Line:
Sound Board died for the second time about 6 mnths ago, was quoted $450 to fix at tweeters saw review for Sysbesma's from 2 other reviewers sent and recieved within 2 weeks and cost $60 inc post. Sounds better now than when I brought it, still think it's a good reciever, (has anyone thought of putting a computer cooling fan in the chassie and drilling ventilation holes in the metal cover over the board) shame pioneer let it's customers down on such an execellent product, SYSBESMA'S ROCKS

Purchased At:   Big Screen City