Onkyo TXSR600 A/V Receivers

4.34/5 (56 Reviews)

ONKYO A/V RECEIVER, 80WPC, DOLBY DIGI, DTS, 5 S-VIDEO IN => Model TX-SR600

Submitted by wumpy a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 4, 2004

Bottom Line:
I have owned this reciever for almost a year now and I have not regreted it once. The 600 has performed flawlessly since I took it out of the box. It has great sound, very crisp and clear in both music and video sources.

I also have read people complain about the audio level and having to have the volume above 60 to get any sound at all, I can now say that this is all due to either the source or the listening enviroment. When I lived in my old house I had the same problem, it was a carpeted room with very high vaulted ceilings and open spaces. My room now is wood floors, high ceilings (not vaulted) and more of a closed room. I have had to decrease my normal listening volumes, the reciever has proven to be very powerful indeed.

Hookup was easy and sound right out of the box was pretty good. After adjusting a few of the audio fields it was stunning. If you really want to get a feel for the system throw in a dvd like LOTR Two Towers and crank it up! Wow, the DTS and Extended audio is amazing.

If you are up in the air between another reciever and this one don't stress yourself, buy this one.

Purchased At:   Circuit City

Submitted by rob a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 26, 2003

Bottom Line:
I have been so pleased with with this purchase that I am now an onkyo fan. I had a onkyo 575 as my first dd reciever and was not all that impressed. I noticed that some have complained about the volume having to be at 50 but for me with well done sound tracks such as the two towers between 35-40 is loud. this machine is very dynamic soundtracks and is also much smoother with music than other onkyos i have heard. I would have loved to get the 601 but for $250 less the 600 has greatly exceeded my expectations. If you can find one at a similar price snatch it up because it is a steal.

Purchased At:   circuit city

Submitted by croseiv a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 25, 2003

Bottom Line:
In short this is a superb receiver for the money. Onkyo has made a fantastic product.

Purchased At:   Circuit city

Submitted by Techuser a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 20, 2003

Bottom Line:
First time you set up a HT? you want to have a nice 80W/ch Receiver with all the nice things: Dolby Digital, DTS, DTS ES, 6.1 output, low distortion, a few inputs to connect your cable box, PS2 and DVD and outputs for your TV. But, you don't want to spend too much, uh? well my friend this is what you need: ONKYO TX-SR600. Even if you are an experienced enthusiast, this receiver ROCKS!!! Everybody says you need a sub...well if you want to watch movies you need one...but come on...this unit is extremely well built, the speaker connectors support almost everything, it has multichannel input (5.1), and lots of power...If this does not convince you wait until you press a button of the remote with the macro function and your DVD will be on, then your TV, then your receiver...and the DTS mode too...ALL with 1 single button...What else do you need? In the segment, there's nothing comparable for the price. I almost forget: It sounds great! Accurate, Clear, The sub explodes with just a bit of volume...Just the right thing for me. Forget about Denon's pricy 2803 or 3803, or Yamaha's unaccurate recv's. I got this unit hooked up to my Acoustic Research HC5 System and it moves as you would not imagine...

Submitted by Kale a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 15, 2003

Bottom Line:
When purchasing a receiver there were a few deciding factors I was looking for. Price, useful features, and POWER. The Onkyo TXSR600 exhibits all of these features in a very practical easy to use receiver. 80 watts per channel is tons of power for my towers add a powered sub and your system will become very impressive. 6 - channels is a very useful feature when trying to enjoy the latest overpriced blockbuster. And the sound this amp puts off is truly very clean and very easy to listen to. Anyone with a set budget and looking for a nice amp for the money should keep this one in mind. ( it should be cheap now the new ones just came out )

HK AVR125 vs ONKYO TXSR600

I was able to get a good deal on both a HK AVR 125 and an Onkyo TXSR600 for about the same price. Now heres the the problem which one to keep. While as of now I really dont have a great pair of tower speakers to test the the recievers to their full potential. Right now I only have a really old ni ... Read More »

SFLAT: