Onkyo TX-SV525 A/V Receivers

4.26/5 (19 Reviews) MSRP : $600.00

Submitted by Matthew a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 29, 2013

Bottom Line:
Love this receiver! Kept up with my big Cerwin Vega speakers and put out a nice refined quality of bass that just bumps. I am of the younger crowd and like my fair share of rap music but still listen to most genres though so don't worry. I also love all the audio functions and the all the channels you can record on. Have yet to watch a movie with this beast but I am by far amazed by the system! I got it at a garage sale for $10 so I would say I got a pretty good deal, and they wanted 70 for it but I talked them down :) ha

Submitted by Adam D a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: March 8, 2004

Bottom Line:
Onkyo is a pretty good name and this family of recievers had recieved good reviews so I expected pretty good sound from it. I was quite disappointed. I bought it on sale at Best Buy, paired it with the Cambridge Soundworks Ensemble IV speaker set and expected some moving rumble and clear hiss. But the sound is really muddy. My $80 Altec Lansing computer speakers sound much better. I am really unimpressed.

Purchased At:   Best Buy

Submitted by Laura a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 9, 2004

Bottom Line:
I absolutely LOVE this unit! I couldn't believe my luck when I saw it in the second-hand shop. I've only ever had Onkyo products, but when you've got something good, stick to it.

I'm mainly a music listener, and I'm currently running it with B&W 602 S3's. No Sub Woofer as yet, but I swear that you would think there was one, as the bass is just beautiful! The clarity is fanstastic. It delivers a nice, crisp, clear sound. There is no background "noise" (hiss), and it's very easy to use.

Purchased At:   Cash Converters

Submitted by Isaac MArtinez a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 11, 2002

Bottom Line:
The best I've ever use yet. has multi function sound output.

Submitted by Tim a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 13, 2002

Bottom Line:
Great receiver in stereo, has good output with speakers that are efficient... Sounds great (although not as good as my friend's TXDS676).

Purchased At:   Circuit City