Onkyo TX-SR574 7.1 Channels Receiver A/V Receivers

The design philosophy behind the TX-SR574 makes good sense. Provide on-demand power for all channels; add powerful processing capabilities and dependable build quality; and stack it with versatility and options. The TX-SR574 takes today’s most sought after home entertainment components—like DVD recorders, cable/set-top boxes and gaming consoles—and conveniently switches between them with a single output to HDTV. It will also upconvert any other components connected by S-Video and composite connections. And when it comes to music and movie sources, the TX-SR574 accommodates the most contemporary formats available, even the yet-to-be-released surround formats for HD-DVD and Blu-ray Disc. And if you want to broaden your choices even further, the TX-SR574 provides access to XM® Satellite Radio and the iPod® with the appropriate set-up and peripherals. Such competitively priced completeness is bound to attract attention.

Submitted by King_kek a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 25, 2007

Bottom Line:
I have had this reciever for close to a year now and finally have the set system finished. I purchased this reciever for $250 from circuit city. A great deal to say the least. Now I am running a Klipsh synergy center, 3 way towers I designed and built myself for fronts, some yamaha surrounds (4), and a sub also designed and built myslelf. Basically this is a system I put together myself for around a grand and the reciever pushes everything wonderfully. The channel seperation and clarity is excellent in HT apps and the music lets the lyrics float, highs chime and lows slam. Overall I am more than satisfied with the reciever. It is easy to use, the power is underrated, and works great as the brain of my system. If you are trying to run HDMI look elsewhere otherwise this will perform sonically just as good or better than anything in the price range or even double the price. The only comment I am making on the remote is that I am commenting on it. Remotes, unless they don't work, do not effect my judgements.

Purchased At:   Circuit city