Onkyo TX-SR573 A/V Receivers

• 7x75 watts of power
  • 100 MHz component video switching
  • XM Satellite radio
  • Digital audio inputs
  • CD player and audio recorder

Submitted by Ron Ness a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 13, 2017

Bottom Line:
Relocated NC to SC previous AV receiver was smashed by movers. Purchased Onkyo TX-SR573 replacement with thoughts of re-engaging my XM radio at new residence but held-off renewing satellite contract until now. Big surprise!! Opened up the av's instruction manual and found description and location of the XM connection and discovered that Onkyo
never made any internal connection for the antenna (hole) on the rear chassis.
Does anyone have any clue on how to contact Onkyo/Samsung to rectify their careless production? If this is any help, serial #65Y1021189. 2005/ 06 production.
Many thank-you's in advance, Ron Ness

Submitted by bonsaiguitar a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 12, 2006

Bottom Line:
I've been out of the main streem audio community for a few years and decided to get back in by starting off slow. I've been using a JVC receiver/DVD/CD/5.1 for a few years and finaly decided to make some changes, so I bought this amp. I've laway wanted to try Onkyo because of all the great things I've heard about this equipment. I can tell you right now the JVC doesn't even come close to this receiver. I've owned several Carvin amps, NAD, High end Kenwood, Vintage Sansui, etc. and times have changed for sure in the technology being used. I'm so glad I bought this receiver. Now I'm replacing my 15 year old Polks with Klipsch RF-82'1 and will probably replace all of my speakers in the near future. If this is entry level then I can't wait until my next purchase for the family room. I had planned on buy Harmon Kardon but the sales rep at The Sound Seller told me Onkyo is just as good. And they sell both. Enough said.