Onkyo TX-NR905 A/V Receivers

4.75/5 (4 Reviews)

Onkyo's 2007 flagship A/V Reveiver which replaces the TX-NR1000. This model adds HDMI upscalling via an HQV Reon-VX Chip for High-Performance Video Processing, Audyssey MultiEQ XT, XM HD Surround, Neural-THX Surround, HD Radio, Windows Media Server, DTS HD and Dolby True HD among others.

Submitted by Robert a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: January 8, 2014

Bottom Line:
This is one great Home Theatre Receiver and with the Tororidal power transformer, it delivers all the slam and finess you could ask for. At almost 55lbs this receiver is a hoss, place it on some heavy brass footers on a good 4" maple amp board and get your choice of higher end power cords and you are good to go.....sounds better than units costing 3x the price of the Onkyo 905 and that's the truth.

Product model year:   2007

Submitted by SRINIVASAN a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 13, 2011

Bottom Line:
Its excellent one , solid Amp for the audio and video and upconversion,
we enjoy and enjoing lot wit tis , its one of our family member.

with regards

Srinivasn
india

Product model year:   2007

Submitted by Worf101 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 14, 2008

Bottom Line:
With the death of my old CRT (24 year old Mitsubishi oak cabineted monster) I decided to go the High Def/LCD route for a new TV downstairs. After much research and deliberation I wound up going with a 52" Samsung Series 6. My Onkyo 898, while still servicable, was getting a bit long in the tooth, I also wanted to clear up the rat's nest in back of the AV Rack. With this in mind I began looking at new model AV receivers. I'd used Yammies in the past but most of my receivers had been Onkyos since I got in to hT. I checked out the specs and decided to go with the then top of the line Onkyo 905.

I was going to go retail but found one NIB on the Bay, pulled the trigger and have been quite happy since. Of cours the 906 came out a month later but C'est La Vie.

Purchased At:   Ebay

Submitted by jjgump44 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 27, 2008

Bottom Line:
I upgraded from a Denon 3803 and I can't believe how much better this receiver drives my Klipsch RF 83's. The Denon seemed shallow, underpowered, dull, and lifeless. I knew I needed a receiver with a better power supply to drive the difficult load of the Klipsch which can dip down as low as 3.6 ohms.

This receiver has all/more features currently available in units costing twice as much. I love the HD Radio tuner and the ability to integrate both XM AND Sirius Satellite radio. The USB port and eathernet port give it a modern feel along with the ability to easily upgrade the firmware to add features and fix bugs.

Soundwise, this beast can't be beat. I love the weight and depth it gives to the soundstage. Everything is spot on soundwise. It has the ability to upconvert all soundtracks to full 7.1 glory, PLUS the ability to upconvert all video sources to 1080p using the best in class REON processor.

4 HDMI inputs plus 2 out (not at the same time), THX Ultra 2 certification, 140 x 7 WPC RMS, 1080p upscaling, HD Radio, this thing is packed with features that more expensive units just do not have. By far the best bang for the buck currently available.

Purchased At:   accessories4less.com