Onkyo TX-DS575x A/V Receivers

4.47/5 (156 Reviews) MSRP : $500.00

DD/DTS receiver 5 x 90W/CH at 6 ohms 5 x 70W/CH at 8 ohms

Submitted by karister a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 1, 2007

Bottom Line:
Excellent unit with ample power and great connectability. It's a very clean looking receiver and sturdy construction, and heavy. Never had any issues whatsoever. I really have come to enjoy the clean powerful sound, and I do use a SUB so no complains about bass issues.

Purchased At:   Circuit City

Submitted by LARRYJW a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 9, 2003

Bottom Line:
I can't beleave I have not posted a review for mine. I bought mine in 2001, & I USE it 7-days a week!! It is cranked at least several hours 1 day a week {my day off}. It was great for my smaller former living room, but I moved & now have a 680 sq. ft. den W/vaulted ceilings. This had plenty of power before. One thing I have noticed is that the sound does not penatrate the walls like my Sansui. I ran both W/same speakers, wires, CD, same song, & adjusted volume with spl. meter. The Onkyo was audible 10' from the porch. The Sansui reached to the side walk. This was about 14' more? Maybe not scientific enough, I don't know. I still love it.

Purchased At:   AUDIO WAREHOUSE EXP.

Submitted by tgjohnson69 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 17, 2003

Bottom Line:
This receiver is just plain solid! All the reviews I read prior to my purchase said the same basic thing. The unit is one of the best built, for the money. It has a terrific array of features. The power is clean, crisp and plentyful. Basicly, the only bad thing I could find was that most people didn't like the remote. Heck! I love the remote. I am oh so glad that I found this unit and I highly recommend it to anyone on a budget who is looking for a nice audio/video receiver.

Purchased At:   www.onecall.com

Submitted by Terje a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 17, 2003

Bottom Line:
The info which stand about it is wrong.It has 5x100watt in 6ohm, not 90w.THATS TRUE!! It has a open sound but it doesn`t play loud enough.The bass is tight, maybe a little warm sometimes, but good overall.The midrange is thin and the upper frequence could be harder, not so warm and packed if you know whar I mean.
I WILL HAVE TO BUY A NAD C370.....

Purchased At:   Expert

Submitted by amaralda a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 10, 2002

Bottom Line:
First time I heard about this receaver was in a show room, I have to confess that I got very impressed far the best in store, but I really wasn't intending to pay US$480 on it!
I purchased it just before it run out of production and paid the fair US$370