Onkyo TX-8522 2 Channels Receiver A/V Receivers

In the fast-paced world of home entertainment technology, change has become an understated word. Technologies now change so quickly that the new becomes yesterday’s product before you barely become accustomed to it. Perhaps it’s time to refocus on what’s really important for quality audio: first-rate sound with high power output. Forget about over-hyped processing technologies. If your receiver lacks the fundamental amplifier design from the power supply through to the output stage, everything else is superfluous. The TX-8522 is built with this in mind. Incorporating Onkyo’s proprietary Wide Range Amplifier Design (WRAT) with an isolated power transformer and discrete output stage, the TX-8522 is focused on maintaining the purity of music, radio and video sources. Also, with the option to take up XM® Satellite Radio or to connect your iPod® to the system, the TX-8522 gives you the versatility for a sweeping range of entertainment options.

Submitted by Sean a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: February 11, 2011

Bottom Line:
I have only owned a cheap pioneer, and a cheap sony brand recievers in the past. I have some ancient Jensen "walmart specials" Loud speakers and some semi ancient KLH loud speakers, but have never heard them sound so good. This was the best stereo investment I have ever made. Some day hope to own some mid to lower top range speakers so I can truly appreciate this reciever.

Product model year:   2009

Submitted by Olaw Josey Wales a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 25, 2007

Bottom Line:
Onkyo TX-8522 6-month Report card.

This is my first 100 watts per channel receiver. I purchased this seeking a high power stereo that has the capability of playing two pairs of speakers simultaneously and includes the pre-amp section necessary to plug in my Sony PS 4300 turntable. I read up on NAD, Denon, Yamaha, Harmon-Kardon, JVC and Sony. My main motivator for choosing Onkyo was value and quality. Price and features included in this unit was my value indicator. Quality was more of a leap of faith because I only know one person that owned an Onkyo, but I have never heard or read anything negative, in that regard.

So far, This receiver is EVERYTHING I had hoped for and more. It is clean, clear, useful power with a user-friendly control panel. My three main uses are CD Player, MP3 player, and audio for my Samsung 50" plasma HDTV. I plugged in the the thin FM wire antenna that came with the receiver, recentlly, and was blown away by the tuning section of this receiver. I am fairly rural and this tuner pulled in clear signals that are over 70 miles away.

The last detail I would like to mention is receiver's ability to handle the bi-wiring of my modest Premier Acoustic PA-6F towers. So far, the amplifier section seems to be taking this speaker wiring configuration in stride, without so much as a whimper.

Bottom line: I give this stereo receiver an A+ for price, power, and sound quality.

Purchased At:   J & R . com