Onkyo Integra DTR-7.1 A/V Receivers

4.5/5 (68 Reviews)

6.1 Channel THX Surround EX Digital Receiver

Submitted by Terry Orcholski a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 24, 2012

Bottom Line:
I have been buying high end receivers for over 30 years, I bought Integra's DTR 70.2 a year and a half ago, It's now in the shop being repaired for the fourth time. This has been the most unreliable receiver I've ever owned. I was an Onkyo supporter for years, I went to Dennon for years then found out about Integra, that was a bad day, I wish I never bought it.
My recommendation is Don't buy, these are crap.,
My Sony 5.1 I bought in 1999 125 Watts x 5 still works perfetly never been repaired I'm going back to Sony again for the second time.

Submitted by stobbes80 a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: October 16, 2003

Bottom Line:
I really enjoy the 7.2. It has lots of power to meet all your needs and desires. The quality and reliability are A+. My first unit was the onkyo 575 and I beat it to death using infinity preludes PFR's with a infinity HPS 500 sub. I enjoy onkyo/Integra and am a loyal customer. I do think the sound is clear and warm, but a little to bright in the mids and high. Sounds kind of tinty some times. I am using the Denon 2800 dvd player with it. I am also using top rated class A speakers such as the infinity intermezzo 2.6p and the intermezzo 1.2 powered sub but the sound is a little bright. My harman kardon avr 7000 sounded a little better with music but that was 1600.00. I guess the retail on the 7.2 was 1300.00 so simalar in price. I really enjoy the thx mode, the onkyo really shines in thx and DD 5.1. I use the infinity interlude IL 36 C and the infinity IL 10's for rears. I also enjoy the remote it is easy to use. I havent had a chance to use 7.1 but some day may. Keep up the good work. I am so pleased with onkyo may buy the onkyo 595 for my bedroom because of its quality and clear sound.

Submitted by Frank a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 12, 2002

Bottom Line:
I love it! I watch a lot of movies and they sound great.
I'm looking to upgrade to the DTR 9.1 and DPS 9.1 for more options, any advice?? Is anyone interested in buying my DTR 7.1 and DPS 7.2 I currently have?

Purchased At:   Clearview Electronic

Submitted by rt2e a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 21, 2002

Bottom Line:
Integra is the best gear you can buy for the money...If you are not a super store shopper you know what I mean!!! And not ready for the Esoteric Stuff...Yes this is the Rolls Royce of Onkyo... Those Snooty Brands can be a rip as far as I"m concerned, especially when some of them cost 3-4 times more thna the Intergra DTR series...But Yes I understand that another mans passion can also be a nother mans poision!!!But I enjoy the Meat And Potatoe Stuff Out there when it comes to electronics. Not the Best but better than the super store crap!!! Ihave to eat also...
I have always found that you can find some terrific gear in this price range that can go head to head with the "SNOB"
Brands!!! And the DTR 7.1 Is the best I have owned....It has been replaced recently with the 7.2 I just was luck to find a Demo Unit If not would have bought the 7.2...Big Sound For Little Bucks..

Purchased At:   Audio Contractors

Submitted by Mike Nguyen a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 17, 2002

Bottom Line:
I bought the Integra after some serious listening and compare it to other mid-range receiver such as Yamahan and Denon. I have a buddy which own an Denon 3802. When listening in the stereo mode, the Denon and Integra are extremely well matched in term of clearness, and tight bass. Denon is a 7.1 which offer 105 watts and Integra is 6.1 only have 100 watts. I choose the Integra because of design and the THX certification. If you looking for a receiver in the range of 1000-1200, Integra DTR 7.2 should be seriouly consider.

System use in testing