Onkyo Integra DTR-6 A/V Receivers

4.6/5 (15 Reviews) MSRP : $849.00

Top-Grade Digital Surround Receiver. Dolby Digital, DTS and Pro logic. S-video switching. 85 watts per channel.

Submitted by StrugglingHTbuff a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 26, 2003

Bottom Line:
The Integra DTR 6.3 is quite a step up from my 9 year old Onkyo 515 Pro. The Integra is clearly the better unit all the way around, not just because it's new. It's extremely well built for a receiver in this price range and it has more than enough inputs and features to keep me satisfied for years. My Onkyo 515 was very good to me and I wouldn't have even considered replacing it had the rear amps not started to go. Oh well. But that feeling about Onkyo led me only to shop for Onkyo products, i.e. the new 700 or 800. My window shopping eventually led me to a local, higher end dealer where I laid my eyes on the Integra 6.3. It's a very tight unit with nearly the same layout as the new Onkyo consumer line. I've only had the 6.3 for a week now and I definitely still have some tweaking to do to get everything set up right, but the options and flexibility are there--my learning curve will be steep since this is a fairly advanced unit for a budding audio enthusiast. Unfortunately this unit has forced me to accept the numerous other short comings in my existing set up, but I suppose a good receiver will do that. Not having a powered sub is a problem and the ceiling hieght in my listening/HT room isn't conducive to getting the best sound out of this unit. The 6.3 is rated at 100 watts and it wants to show off its power with great clarity, but the other limitations are frustrating, especially my main speakers which will obviously be my next big purchase. Back to the 6.3. The remote is nice, but again it's full of features that will take a long time to set up and learn how to use in the best way. The inputs on the back are sweet, but plan on spending a chunk of change on good cables if you're stepping up from an older receiver. The 6.3 almost dictates that you run everything through it and it's difficult to get the set up correct to be able to use the TV and Sat/Cable without having to turn the whole theater set up on, but that's the price of the on screen display feature. The user manual isn't the easiest in the world, but I think the writers of the manual make an assumption that the owners have a better understanding of HT set up than the average Joe.

Purchased At:   Speakerlab in Seattl

Submitted by cgrad34 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 9, 2003

Bottom Line:
The DTR 6 is a reciever I would recommend to anyone. It's been great for rock,classical,and of course home theatre.I've been a studio musician and this reciever gives the closest to real studio sound, for the price, that I've heard.

Purchased At:   Custom Audio Vidio

Submitted by Jake a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 7, 2002

Bottom Line:
I have owned this reciever for about 1 year. It has operated flawlessly since I have owned it. At the time I purchased it I felt it was the best A/V reciever in it's price class. I still feel that way. I use it mostly for music. It pumps out plenty of natural, distortion free sound to my Paradigm Monitor 9s. Its performance is terrific for home theater as well. Outstanding build quality ( built like a tank ). Plenty of inputs both digital and analog including multichannel inputs. A very nice learning remote (lighted). Not a lot of DSP modes. I don't consider that a weakness.

I give it 4 stars for value. Although I believe it is the best value in its class , there are others that come close.

Anyone looking to purchase an A/V receiver should check out the Onkyo Integra line.

Purchased At:   local dealer

Submitted by Joe a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: April 4, 2002

Bottom Line:
The Integra 6.2 is the best A/V receiver I have ever owned. The overall sound is superb. The power is more than adequate at 100w x 5. All channel stereo along with prologic II can't be beat at this price. The clarity of sound must be heard to appreciate. All thumbs up..........

Submitted by Bill Lycette a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: March 25, 2002

Bottom Line:
This puppy puts out lots of distortion-free sounds with plenty of power. Much better than anything Sony or Yamaha sells in this price range.

Purchased At:   Sacramento Integra D