Onkyo DR-C500 A/V Receivers

2.33/5 (3 Reviews) MSRP : $599.00

• plays DVD-Video discs, CDs, audio CD-Rs and CD-RWs, and MP3 CDs
  • selectable progressive/interlaced output (progressive output requires compatible TV)
  • 27MHz/10-bit video D/A converter
  • change up to 4 discs while 5th disc plays

Submitted by Speedfreak a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 22, 2010

Bottom Line:
This unit does not read CDs and will consistently provide a lovely ERR message that reminds me to never ever buy an all-in-one unit again. Onkyo screwed its loyal followers wth this piece of garbage. I was a big fan of its receivers before purchasing this monstrosity. Unfortunate.

I see from other reviews that many are in the same unpleasant boat.

Submitted by orbhot a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 7, 2004

Bottom Line:
I bought the Onkyo DR-C500 to replace my very old Sony receiver, old Sony 5 CD player, and my cheapo DVD player. I like the idea of having one unit to de-clutter my home entertainment center. However, after less than 8 months of owning I've come to accept that this thing is a total piece of junk and I will never buy another Onkyo product. It cannot read 90% of the burnt audio CDs (I have tried many different brands) and it will not read many DVD videos, including rented ones that, when returned to the rental place, play fine in their DVD player. It is in for warranty work right now, but it has done this since new so I doubt it will improve, seems to be a design flaw. I wish I would have bought new a Sony receiver and DVD player instead of this hunk of junk. I've actually had to buy another cheapo DVD player to read whatever the Onkyo won't. Also, when playing CDs it does not automatically repeat/go to the next disc, you have to switch it to repeat mode every time you switch to CD/DVD play mode, otherwise it will just play 1 CD.

Purchased At:   etronics

Submitted by Johnny Thunders a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: August 16, 2003

Bottom Line:
Nice unit,its a refurbished unit.At the price of $199 i got a bargin.I use it for my MP3s

Purchased At:   J&R music